Afternoon sesh 7/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon sesh 7/27

Had a few hours free in the afternoon so I decided to get out on the water. Launched the yak around 5:00 and had a solid 3 hours to fish before going in. Fished the same zone as I did a few days back (midbay) west side. Not as much life as last time however did see some birds working again and a few scattered breakers that would stay up for a couple minutes at a time. Knowing fish were in the area I decided to put a couple trollers out. I trolled a Lucky Craft flash minnow 101 and a swimbait. Right off the bat hooking fish every five minutes or so mostly 12-16 inchers however managed one 21 inch on the troll aswell. After getting bored I decided to switch it up and throw topwater in areas I saw fish busting minutes prior. Pop pop bang and repeat was the name of the game. Probably caught and released 4-5 19 inchers, just couldn't get that big one to hit. Definitely think the better grade fish hit the topwater opposed to the smaller ones. Fished perch near rif raf on the way in. And got a couple smallish ones. Another fun day on the water. Anyone have any tips to snakehead? Where I might be able to target them? I think I've got techniques figured out.

David
    Attached Files
Working...
X