roosevelt inlet saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jason, unless u have a e-yak you only need a reg licence

moc launching from the lewes boat ramp, there is a bait shop on the way in to lewes henlopen b&t and in lewes on new road old salt b&t thats after the left at the draw bridge about a mile down on the left

Comment

best of luck guy's!!!!! ""tight lines always my friends""

Comment

Didn't know I needed another license for my e-yak. I just bought the reg $20 license. No worry, am not bringing e-power.

moc,

Finished fixing my yak/equipment, so I'm going.

Leaving home at 4:30 am, so I'll meet you at Angler's about 5:30. I'll pick up some bait there, so I don't need to visit the B&T at Lewes. You game?
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thunderstorms happening tonight, so you know if your heading this way this evening. Should be ok tomorrow, only a 20% chance and would probably be in the evening. I think you guys have better tackle shops that way but these guy's could use your buisness. Old Salt, which is the closest shop to the ramp is probably going out of buisness from what he told me. Bill's tackle shop is good but it's down towards Rehoboth on route 1. One thing that is hard to find around here is Gulp! shrimp in nuclear chicken color, that seems to work when nothing else will for some reason. New penny is another that can be hot for the fatty flatties. Should be a blast! Damn power boats aren't gonna know what hit them when the flotilla launches...lol. See ya in the morn.

Jason

Comment

Meeting. At that anglers @4am then heading to roosevelt
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              Meeting. At that anglers @4am then heading to roosevelt
              Ok, I know Tufnik is meeting at Anglers at 5:30am to get bait. I will head out with him. So we will see you guys in Delaware on the water. I plan on fish all day in the Bay and anywhere else. SurfDog is already up in DE.

Comment

I'm not fishing this weekend, but I was on lewes and stopped by RI at 6:45 am to say hello and put some names with faces only to find NO kayaks fishing the outer jetty walls. I talked with a few jetty fisherman an saw 2 short flounder caught. The wind was perfect, tide was low and starting to come in, no chop on the water...and no kayaks?

Guess the flounder are safe for now...until I get on them next weekend.

Seriously hope everyone is safe.

Comment

We didn't get on the water until 7ish. And nope, the flounders,spots,croakers,toadfishs,specks's,shark, rays,and blues's were not safe...lol........................................ ................k.........................'s
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Moc and I couldn't find the boat ramp right away. After we found it, we hit the water about 0845 hrs. We saw Pinch, Grilled Sardines, Slap and Redfish already on the water at the inlet. Delaware joined later. I fished the inlet and just outside the sign platforms. Caught a blue, seatrout and a shortie flounder on a jighead with a chartruse grub worm. Caught two sharks on squid. The larger shark is pictured.

Outgoing tide was picking up well as we headed in. Moc and I went in after 5 pm, after eight hours on the water.

Good to do first M&G with Redfish and Delaware. Looking forward to the next trip with all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I meet Tufnik at 5:15am infront of Anglers. After we bought bait and more jigs, we left and was on our way by 5:30. We got to the Roosevelt Inlet by 7am, but we had to spend another 30 minutes trying to find the correct boat launch where everyone else launched from. We mad a wronge turn, and was unable to reach anyone on their cell. But after surveying the area we found the correct launch since we saw SurfDogs and Pinch's car. We were on the water after 8am. The water was calm, the humidity was low, and the sky was partly to mostly sunny with temps predicted near 90 degrees. I believe the water temperature was in the mid 70's, not the 80's like the Chesapeake Bay.

Fishing was slow according to Delaware? He was in a blue kayak. Regardless of the slowness, Pinch was able to catch two keepers in the inlet and a citation flounder at Cape Henlopen where they fished in the afternoon after 2pm. Tufnik and I stayed and tried to fish the inlet and the waters outside of the inlet. I caught two keeper speckled seatrout. Unfortunately, on the way back to the marina My biggest seatrout got bitten in half. Must have been a shark or bluefish. I did see several dophins swimming in the distance was cool. Tufnik and I called it quits after 6pm. I left to go back home while there was daylight at 7pm. I stopped at the Narrows on the way back to see what was biting, but there was no one catching anything except for one small perch and an eel. The inlet was real nice to fish in. I would definitely do it again next year. By the end of the day I caught one 16 inch flounder, two keeper sea trouts, 36 smaller sea trouts, 6 baby black sea bass, 6 female crabs loaded with roe, one horseshoe crab, 2 skates, one spot and 3 sharks, with the largest being 16 inches.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Caught 2 keeper sized flounder at roosevelt inlet 18.5 and 19.5 around 2pm Redfish, Grilledsardine, slap and I decided to goto Cape Henlopen. Caught a 24.5'' 8lb flounder there only to find out DE citation is 25'' and a DE release citation is 7 Lbs. I kept the flounder...

Last edited by Pinch; 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM.
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice doormat Pinch! After you guy's went to Cape the tide started to go out. That got the flattys eating and I ended up catching two keepers and a bunch of shorts. One was 20.5" and the other 19". No one was around to take them so I let them go. I got off the water around 5 and went home for some grub. Went back out at 8pm to get some schoolie action. Took awhile for the incoming to start to get moving and then it was on! Caught bass after bass on my fly rod. There were so many baitfish in the inlet that they were literally jumping into my kayak and coming up through the scupper holes. Damn Blues were every where too, but no more predicaments luckily..lol. Lost about 15 flies to them though.
                          Glad you guys came down. Hope the drive and license was worth it! Anytime you guys want to come down let me know.

Jason

Comment

Dang, Pinch. You always get the fish!

We ought to have a tuna hunt. That way you catch a dozen 100+ pounders, and I catch only one. And I still would be elated

Comment

It was good talkin' to you, Delaware. I would like to come down again, real soon. The keeper flatties are waiting for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X