No announcement yet.

roosevelt inlet saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice all. So this place is only 1.5 hours from BB? Hmm I might have to consider going next time even though it's a 3 hour drive for me 1 way. But hell, that's only 1/2 hour more than a PLO trip for me.

Comment

it sure was a nice day to fish the inlet! only caught 2 TBs in the canal and some spot that got cut up for bait and a trophy oyster toad. i was going to shoot out the inlet on the slack tide but it changed so quick one minute its going out the next im drifting the other way. wish i had all day to spend on the water but had to spend time with the ball and chain too

you should have cut the belly out of that dogfish, fantastic flounder bait white and tough.

moc , tuff sorry you couldnt reach me on the cell it must have hit something in my dry box and it ran the sound down. my wife was pissed had 8 messages each one nastier than the one before while i was napping at the outlets

went down sunday morning to the ramp and threw some BTs to see if anything was around, nope. went over to the beach at RI and was wading out bouncing BTs and minnows while wading out by the jetty, got to the 2nd danger sign and still only privets deep but was able to cast past the end of the jetty. got 1 small blue and 1 TB. only fished till 8 then headed back to rehobeth to pack up and head home

going to make a long weekend there over labor day

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
        I'm following you guys next time.

Great job on all the Feessh. That was a great mixed bag you all caught up there. I might have to make that my spot next weekend.

Where did you launch to fish the inlet? At the boat ramp or beach side? Also did you launch from the park to fish the cape? You all got my blood pumping now....
        everyone launched from the ramp but its easier to launch from the beach to get to the submerged jetty. i would have done that but couldnt pass up the docks and out fall from the creek

Comment

Glad everyone had a great time! I will be there this weekend again if anyone would want to tag along.

Jason

Comment

Moc and I launched out of the Lewes Boat Launch. It's on the north side of the inlet. As you drive on US 9 just before the bridge, turn left toward Pilottown. I think the road is called Pilottown. Drive to the end of the road.

I think you're right, Surf. Think it's easier to park and launch at the beach.

I'd like to go again this Fri or Sat, but we'll see. May get a new yak. I didn't use my electric last time. Good thing, would have had to pay more fees. Paddling was Ok.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The beach by FAR is the best launch...its the only launch I use. You have a 50 yard walk with the yak...then...BEACH! After that you are literally right on the jetty casting for flounder...almost no paddling.

J

Also there is no parking fee at the beach...or launch fee.

Comment

Is there supposed to be a launch or parking fee at the lewes ramp? didnt see anything about a fee when i was there.

Comment

not for car toppers but trailers i think so

Comment

Working...
                  X