BB Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Monday

Well after fishing 12-13hrs yesterday, I was pretty beat today and ended up sleeping most of the day. Was gonna hit up the bridge in the afternoon but the thunderstorms kept me away. Anyways, I was lazy and still have the trailer and kayak attatched to my car along with all my gear. So, having that said im hitting up the bridge tomorrow after work. If anyone would like to join im launching out of the g dock around 6pm.

tight lines
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

I maybe out depending on how much sleep I get tonight at work. If I go I hope to be out by noon and fish the outgoing tide.... Not sure how long I will stay depends on the weather and how uncomfortable I get after 4 hours on the yak

Comment

Small craft advisory until late tonight. Came over the bridge this morning east side had 3 foot wave and whitecaps all over the place. West side was ok but hot worse the further east I went. May take a trip down later to take a look, but doesn't look good fit today. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Comment

I am thinking about it Grilled Sardine. Monday at 6pm looks good for me, but it all depends on the weather. I too was sleeping the weekend away. My yak is still on the roof of my truck....hopefully the weather will improve.

Comment

Im thinking about it. Does anyone know if they still have the small craft advisory? Im gonna load up just in case.
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Small craft advisory still in effect till late tonight waves 2-3 ft. Tomorrow looks alot better.

Comment

The last time that I looked, this is what it said:

THIS AFTERNOON
              NW WINDS 10 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

TONIGHT
              NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

The question is I wish i new when the 5 to 10 knots wind would begin....I can go today if the Winds cooperate. I am booked for the rest of the week.

On a good note the small craft advisory says this now.....
              SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING

So a 6 or 6:30pm launch time might be ok?

Comment

Small crafts advisorys.... ive seens worses
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

The biggest issue would be wind direction. If the tide is incoming then a NW wind will work against the tide and really chop it up...

But a kayak can handle most of it better than any small boat

Comment

slow day on the water. was really rough out there but nothing that a yak can't handle. ended up catching a 23". i lost a monster which im still pissed off about....i had the max drag on my little baitcaster set and the damn thing was still pulling. fought it for about a minute and then it unhooked itself. i hate when that happens.....its like taking a dagger to the heart.

well.....at least i had a good dinner
                    Attached Files
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I joined Grill Sardine, Shield and Wingman late after I got off of work. The water was surprisingly calm for what I was expecting, but as the evening wore on, the swells and waves began to pickup big time. But just as Grilled Sardine said, it was nothing that the yak could not handle. I was very impressed the Revo in these conditions. Fishing was dead slow. I was in a race for daylight. I did not get a nibble until very late. I must of hooked up with Grilled Sardine's monster I hooked it in only 12 feet of water. It pulled and pealed line until when I got close to it, it spit the hook out as to tell me that it was playing with me, not the otherway around. Oh well. I feel Grilled Sardine's pain. It was still fun to be on the water, but it will be my last time for the next two weeks. I will just have to enjoy everyone else's reports.
                      Attached Files

Comment

At least you got out and fished- beats being at work by a country mile.
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                        X