New bait caster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bait caster question

I was just wondering, since so many including manufacturers until recently, are still dedicated to right hand cranks.... which hand are you casting with?
    While I can cast with either hand I prefer to cast with my right hand and crank with my left. Before Shimano came out with the first Bantam with a left crank I did like my father and switched hands after the cast. I still have a few right cranks around, but will never buy another except for heavy trolling reels that aren't available with port side handles.

I'm predominately a lefty, but still do many things right handed, truly ambidextrous. Before any SA remarks, that's not the same as going either way.

I've tried both and I can't get used to switching hands or setting the hook with the left hand. I'm sticking/switching to lefties entirely where possible. Same exception as you though, heavier stuff will stay right that I already have. I just traded my Avet for a lefty too... so that's going to be fun!
    Used to fish more.

Comment

I didn't start using a baitcaster until Shimano came out with left hand cranks. The only right hand cranks that I use are for one side of the kayak when trolling. I like to use a left hand crank on one side of the kayak and a right hand crank on one side for light trolling. I do use two 975LD Internationals for spring trolling, both are right hand crank, only because the 975 is not available in left hand.

Comment

Working...
      X