Chesapeak Beach/North Beach This Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeak Beach/North Beach This Evening

Me, mytmouse & foursteps24 are launching from Chesapeake Beach this evening. All are welcome to join us. Im gonna troll for a lil while, then meet back up with the posse for drifting/bottom fishing.

Probably end up launching a lil before 6...till dark...and after dark.
    <insert witty comment here>

Hopefully I'll see some birds working within my range...

Comment

So tempting. I wish I was closer to MD so my decision would be easier. Good luck and keep us posted. I finally saw some surface action at PLO this past Sat morning. No keepers though.
      Hobie Outback
      WS Tarpon
      IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

After earthquake related delays, we finally got out there yesterday evening around/just before 7. We really didnt catch much of anything. Mytmouse caught one spot, and I caught a 13" striper. Slow day, but it was lovely out there on the water.

Comment

I fished out of Ches Beach Tues morning in my friend's power boat. The water was rough until mid-morning. We rode south, east, then north again for more than 40 miles looking for birds, and finally found them straight across near Sharps Island light. We played with breaking fish for two hours before having to get back to the dock by 12:30.

The water on the eastern side and most of the way back across was clean looking. About 1.5 miles east of the Ches Beach inlet, the water turned brown and stayed that way until about 1/4 out from the inlet, when it turned clear again. My friend (not a biologist) called this a red tide. I suspect that it is some type of phytoplankton bloom, but may not be a toxic red tide. He also noted that the good perch bite he has had from the shoreline for most of the summer went away -- perhaps as a result of the phytoplankton bloom.

Perhaps you guys were in the area with diminished water quality. Better luck next time.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

any time you can get out is good! should have tried the coke.

going to lewes for labor day weekend if you and james are interested

Comment

The headboat I'm working on has been catching plenty on perch up near Holland Point, just north of North Beach. Shallower the better, we're on such a big boat we can't get all the way shallow to really crush them.

There has been somewhat of a redtide, lack of oxygen in the water between CB and Holland Point. Fish can still be caught there though.

Comment

Hey now!
                can't put an invite out on a public forumn and only invite 2!!

Slack

Originally posted by surfdog View Post

Captian of the plastic Navy
                1 - Mad River Canoes
                1- Tarpon 120
                1- Redfish 10
                1- Coosa HD
                2- Cuda 12
                1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

I'm stilling going to head out from NB sat morning,, thinking about 1.5 miles out and drifting for croaks?

Slack

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                  The headboat I'm working on has been catching plenty on perch up near Holland Point, just north of North Beach. Shallower the better, we're on such a big boat we can't get all the way shallow to really crush them.

There has been somewhat of a redtide, lack of oxygen in the water between CB and Holland Point. Fish can still be caught there though.
                  1 - Mad River Canoes
                  1- Tarpon 120
                  1- Redfish 10
                  1- Coosa HD
                  2- Cuda 12
                  1- Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
                    I'm stilling going to head out from NB sat morning,, thinking about 1.5 miles out and drifting for croaks?

Slack
                    We haven't had any croaker lately, spot bite has sucked too. this weekend looks like a two BLOWdays (Too much wind), we might not even run the headboat, and I think a lot of charters are rescheduling already too. It's just not worth the chance that something could happen.

Comment

Ugh,
                      OK, may have to scratch if the wind is gonna be bad Sat 2, I knew Sun was a wash
                      1 - Mad River Canoes
                      1- Tarpon 120
                      1- Redfish 10
                      1- Coosa HD
                      2- Cuda 12
                      1- Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post

We said the same thingnwhen we got back...shoulda went to the coke.

Might be able to do sept 3rd...

Comment

cool well see how the weather is after the hurricane

Comment

Working...
                          X