kayaker snags shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayaker snags shark

...........anyone see this yet......................

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Local...128132348.html
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

I saw it on the news this morning. Had his lil kid with him. I'll pass on kayak shark fishing. Just a matter of time till a "me too" becomes a statistic.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

.......... can you say Texas dumbass ..........

7 ft blacktip with your 9 yr old in the YAK .......... only in Texas ........

Bet his favorite hunting saying is ............ Thar's a deer ........ hold my beer while I roll down the window .......

Comment

MM, Thats too funny. Did I hear the dad say they called it the "Texas Sleighride"? He should have called it the Redneck Sleighride!! Someone should send that clip to Jeff Foxworthy... You might be a redneck if...
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

what a dumb ass, cant wait till some goof slaps him with a child abuse label.

shark fishing rules changed for the beaches, you cant land a big shark on the beach and take pix, you must release it in the water i sure dont want to be in the wash releasing a 10' sand tiger.

Comment

I can remember shark fishing. My favorite bait was toy poodles. I would stop by the SPCA on the way fishing and pick up a batch of bait. I always favored the color white. Just slide a 12/0 to 15/0 circle hook under an old flea collar. Toss out the poodle and wait. Didn't even need to use the clicker, just listen for the yelp. Sorry, couldn't help that one.
            Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-23-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

However, check out some of the California folks catching mako sharks from kayaks. They do it on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                I can remember shark fishing. My favorite bait was toy poodles. I would stop by the SPCA on the way fishing and pick up a batch of bait. I always favored the color white. Just slide a 12/0 to 15/0 circle hook under an old flea collar. Toss out the poodle and wait. Didn't even need to use the clicker, just listen for the yelp. Sorry, couldn't help that one.
                LOL when it stops splashing, fish on

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                  ........ hence the name ....... DOGFISH ........ NOW I get it !!!! .....

Comment

Cats work much better- but seriously- toothy critters that are large predators are best left alone- I was a dedicated sharker for a number of years back in the mid 80's and served as an officer of the Virginia Beach Sharkers, I help plan and worked the annual shark tournaments, a NOAA tagger, etc. I caught Tiger sharks in excess of 800 pounds, Makos, Lemons, Silky, Dusky, etc.- currently, I hold the Virginia State Record for Great Hammerhead shark- you name it I did it sharking- trust me, a large shark is not something you want to tangle with from a kayak- my 24 foot Stamas Clearwater (named the Bottom Line) had "love" bite marks all along the stern and sides- some that were completely through the gel coat, that happened when we would bring them along side for tagging, measurements, and occasionally put one in the boat to bring it in the marina to weight it- those bites would penetrate the roto moulded plastic hull of a kayak- this is fool hardy behavior of the highest risk kind- don't do it!
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                    X