Broke down and pulled the hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke down and pulled the hammer

......... on a VIO POV HD ........... http://www.vio-pov.com/products-all/pov-hd.html

I already have the non HD model that I love and the HD gives you alot more.
    Looked at the GOPRO but for a little more you get alot more. The POV has a 142 degree lens in 1080HD, you can set the exposure/white balance or have it automatic, it uses the DiVinci processors made specifically for video, records up to 15mbs, has more controls, comes with an LCD so I can see what is being recorded (tired of video of the sky or 1/2 of the person or scene), has a remote, has timeout settings or no timeout, and will record something that happened 30 seconds to 30 minutes before I push the remote button and continue to record. That was the deal maker. How many times have you seen a fish jump or a bird fly by or something really great happen in an instant. You see it but you couldn't capture it. With this cam and a cap mount you just push a button on the remote after you're finished gawking and it is recorded on video. It records about 5 hrs on a 32gb chip and a set of lithium batteries. Oh and it is virtually indestructable and comes with alot of different professional mounts. Unfortunately I don't like the ball cap mount they provide but I found 1 I liked for 10 bucks that fits the lipstick cam lens. THe down side is that the lens is cabled to the dvr.

Don't get me wrong ........I like the GOPRO ..... it is great ....... The GOPRO takes better still shots I think and is great for a presighted frame video.
    The GOPRO will be part of my stuff in the future ......... but it was worth the $150 extra (cost I payed on EBAY) to not miss the shots in the future that I count capture in the past ......... they still haunt me ........ eagle picking up a fish, owl landing 15 ft in a tree while hunting, foxes playing under my treestand and the deer shots .......... dolphin surfacing besude the boat ....... etc .......

Now I've got the cameras .......... now I have to learn how to use them ..........

Comment

Very nice. Need a Helmet attachment accessory?

Comment

Don't have time for photos, too busy fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          Don't have time for photos, too busy fishing.
          ........ ya will when ya start catchin .......

Comment

Congratulations- different cameras are a good thing, like different models of kayaks...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X