Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Beverly Triton Beach Park Construction Budget Time

Hello all,

There's a two step for funding the decades long overdue improvements at Beverly Triton Beach Park. First, County Executive Steve Schuh has to put Beverly Triton money in his budget. Second, the County Council has to pass the budget. The Council can take money out but not put money in. Here's how you can ask County Executive Steve Schuh to put Beverly Triton money in the budget.

The County Executive and his department heads are holding two public meetings to take requests on what to put in the budget: Thursday March 1 at Meade Middle School and Tuesday March 6 at Glen Burnie High School. Details below. Please attend these meetings if you can and ask Steve Schuh to put money for Beverly Triton and other public water access projects in his budget.

The meetings are an informal meeting hall format, with tables where you can meet each department head and the county executive, *not* a wait for your turn to stand up and talk formal hearing. So you can stop by and chat without tying up your whole evening.

We've been waiting for public water access improvements at Beverly Triton since 1983. It's high time the county followed through on the promise it made in 1983 to everyone in this county to make this land a great public waterfront park.

Thanks, see you there. I will find out if there's a way to submit requests for people who can't go to the meetings.

Lisa

*Thursday, March 1st 2018 at 7:00 PM* - Meade Middle School, 1103 26th Street, Ft. Meade, MD 20755 https://www.aacps.org/Page/3880

*Tuesday, March 6th 2018 at 6:00 PM* - Glen Burnie High School 550 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie, MD 21060 https://www.aacps.org/Page/1236

Hello all, you can still ask the County Executive Steve Schuh to put money for public water access improvements in his FY19 budget even if you didn't make either of the two county executive budget meetings.

Here is the online comment form: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/...ent/index.html

It would be *swell* if you asked for money for the 30+ year overdue improvements at Beverly Triton Beach Park, which are essentially surfacing the parking lot across the street from the entrance, connecting the park to the public sewer system (instead of septic) and adding a small toilet/outside shower building.

If the county puts a capital footprint on Beverly Triton now it will be much harder for some future county administration to close Beverly Triton again.

Thanks!

Lisa

Comment

Thank you Lisa for making us aware of this important topic. Using the link you provided I added my support to funding. Hopefully every voice will help to ensure this park stays open to all residents and gets the funding it needs.

Comment

Lisa - I submitted online also.

Thank you for commenting on the upcoming FY2019 Anne Arundel County budget. County Executive Steve Schuh and his staff will review your comments as they prepare for the presentation of the budget to the County Council on May 1.

We appreciate your input.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Left my comment online, thank you for the link

Comment

+1
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Lisa,

Done.

It's a simple matter to comment positively via the link you provided on a program that has vastly improved public water access throughout Anne Arundel County.

Thanks to you for keeping the matter in the forefront and to all the members of the county's Water Access Committee who have worked hard to ensure we have many choice locations to paddle and fish.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks all. When we say what we want our elected officials know what we want. *Please keep those requests coming.*

We'll all find out what is in the County Executive Steve Schuh's budget announcement on Tuesday May 1 2018. Here's the May 1 meeting info: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/...budget-message

I'll find out along with everyone else, I don't have any inside information. After Schuh announces his budget, it goes to the County Council. The Council can take things out of the budget but cannot add anything to the budget. So there's horse trading . . .

If you want to get a jump on that horse trading (because I bet horses are being shuffled around now), please email your county councilman *now* and ask him to support Schuh's public water access budget in general and funding for Beverly Triton in particular. Here's the County Council website with contact info: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-council/

(Or, heck, email all of them. The price of email these days . . . .)

If you're in District 1 and represented by Councilman Pete Smith, please also cc: Linda Harris, his assistant.

Thanks . . . and hoo boy do I want to be out on the water, waiting for wetsuit water temps, probably around April 1.

Lisa

Comment

Here are the email addresses for the 7 Anne Arundel county councilman plus Councilman Smith's assistant:

peter.smith@aacounty.org
                  john.grasso@aacounty.org
                  dfink@aacounty.org
                  andrew.pruski@aacounty.org
                  michael.peroutka@aacounty.org
                  ctrumbauer@aacounty.org
                  jerry.walker@aacounty.org
                  linda.harris@aacounty.org

Source: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-council/

I pulled them together for myself so I'm sharing them with you.

FYI

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                  X