Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Severn River)Found fishing kayak

Hey all,

I found a fishing kayak washed up on one of my community beaches on the Severn River today. I called DNR to see if there was any missing person reported and they said there was none. I told them where it was and they said they were just going to leave it on the beach, pretty much for the taking.... so I brought it home in hopes to find the rightful owner. I will say that it is a green, sit on top, paddle kayak. If anyone knows of someone missing one please let me know. Message me with details of the kayak ie. make, model, upgrades etc. and if the details match then you can have it back.

I hope it finds it's HOME
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Steve,

You catch nothing small in the Severn, plastic included!

This is a nice gesture on your part.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Also good reminder if you haven't done so to label your Kayak with your name and phone number/ emergency contact info.

You can get free labels from the Coast Guard Auxiliary.

http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?...n-paddle-smart
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
          Also good reminder if you haven't done so to label your Kayak with your name and phone number/ emergency contact info.

You can get free labels from the Coast Guard Auxiliary.

http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?...n-paddle-smart
          I requested some years ago and never got a response. Is it any better now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
            I requested some years ago and never got a response. Is it any better now?

I tried last year and never herd anything.

Desert Camo- Moken 14
            Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

I took a luggage tag with my name and contact info and hooked the strap inside the front hatch.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I've placed waterproof labels with my name and contact info made with a Brother Label Maker on exterior areas of each of my kayaks. They're small, 3/4 inch by 3 inches, but easily seen labels with a bright yellow background and black print. Some have been exposed to water and sun for a few years and they have yet to peel or fade.

I place my name in the bow area like this:

Label.jpg

In the stern I place a similar label with multiple lines of smaller print that has my name again and contact info.

I hope the labels are never needed.

But the main point I wanted to make is the durability of the Brother Labels. They've worked well in my kayaks.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I had (4) labels mailed to be via the online portal link above.

I also grabbed two additional to keep in the truck, USCG had a table setup at the Deale Fishing Flea Market last month.

ALWAYS tag your gear!
                  Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                  X