OC evacuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC evacuation

mandatory evac. of OC. md. stage 2 evacuation plan in effect for all non emergency personnel by 5pm on friday. hopefully the center goes farther to the east.

I don't think we are gonna skirt this one. Latest updates show the eye moving west.

I almost want to get a chainsaw and cut these big old trees outta my backyard now. Hell there already talking about plans to evacuate battery park in NYC.

This is going to be a bad one i fear.

Comment

im a little more optimistic, most of the projected paths show the eye going to the east of OC not up the bay. NYC is going to get hammered big time. plan for the worst, hope for the best. ive got the generator and extension cords ready and waiting.
      Last edited by surfdog; 08-25-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I hope your right Surfdog. I have been watching too much weather channel the past several days.

I used to laugh at my dad when he would watch it hours on end when i was younger. Now i'm just like him.

I don't have a generator but i have plenty of batteries, water and caned food. That reminds me i need beer.

Comment

I hope this report is not the correct outlook.

http://www.wxrisk.com/2011/08/1st-id...rene-forecast/

Comment

I am 45 minutes to the south and a little inland from OC. We had an initial band of rain pass thru this morning which wasn't too bad. Looks like we have about 24 hours of this left....

Comment

im glad it went to the east as far as it did 80 miles to the west and it would have been much worse. i like to look at all the tracks and take the average worked well this time. my brother in-law is like that, if there is a hint of a t-storm with in 60 miles hes in the house me i check the weather rock

Comment

Working...
              X