360 searchbait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 searchbait

Figured we needed to lighten up a bit...watching TV with 25 gusting cold NW winds...360 searchbait...with a plethora of brands of swimbaits hitting the shelves in all the bait and tackle shops- has anyone tried this bait...getting a lot of advertising...personally I started out using H&H Bait company “Original Cocahoe Minnow” swimbait many years ago- as far as I know it was pretty close to the beginning of the swimbaits...caught redfish and specks with it throughout the Alabama/Mississippi, LA/TX Gulf Coast with it...brought a bunch of bags up here with me and it worked great...then came the Bass Assassins and you name its...tried them all....they all work...so looking at the 360 searchbait...it has ribbed body- soft plastic...probably will leave a bubble trail...IMG_3719.JPG
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 03-23-2018, 02:43 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Ron, I started using the 360 Search baits last year. Always part of my spread. (Length: 3.5" - 4.5”-5.5” – Color: Variations of Green or White / Rigged: Single, tandem or triple. Tops hookless ) First time I used it was on Heron Bar by St. Clements early spring last year. Catching short after short. It was about 11:00 in the morning. Decided to try 5.5" 360. First cast, a 24”. Coincidence I’m sure. Anyhow it’s caught a ton of rockfish and did well with the reds.
    Last edited by Fishtank; 03-23-2018, 04:37 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Comment

I've seen the 360GT I think at BPS, have not tried yet.

I'm also curious about the ribbed berkeley gulp mullet, ribs look far more defined than the 360GT so I would think much more bubble trail:

Last edited by mchottie; 03-23-2018, 05:44 PM.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

The ribs on the Gulp have much more function than bubbles- they disperse scent...jigging that on the bottom should be deadly for flounder, horse croakers, specks and reds...

Comment

I wish there were still horse croakers out there!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Not to worry those big yellow belly tiderunners will be back-2- 3 pound croakers hit like a ton of bricks...about time for the cycle to come back- the Grey trout are showing up so the big croakers should be, too...

Comment

Working...
            X