Sunday Doubleheader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Doubleheader

Wife and kids were out of town this weekend, so I got in some man time. Friday was drinking with an old friend, Saturday shot a round of sporting clays with my neighbor, and Sunday was lots of fishing.

I decided to try the flats first thing Sunday morning launching from Perryville. Water was around 48 and cleaner than expected. I managed 2 between 16-17" in about 4 hours of trolling/jigging. There were so many bass fisherman zooming around going from spot to spot I never really had an area to my own. I told another friend it seemed like the mecca for a$$h0le bass fisherman that day. Two different ones cruised by close hooping and hollering, wish I had a flare gun with me. It was a beautiful morning though, and saw a lot of wildlife which I always enjoy.

On the way back my wife called and said she wasn't coming home until Monday, so I started thinking about going back out, haha. Already had everything loaded and ready to go, why not! So after a quick stop at home to recharge, I decided to hit home field around Riveria Beach and I'm glad I did. Right away I was on the schoolies, landed 6 back to back, 12-17". Since that wasn't what I was looking for I moved on and didn't catch another fish for a couple hours. NEVER LEAVE FISH. Anyway, got back to the area I was catching and after another 30 mins of looking I found them again. I landed another 6 or so, but this time managed one almost 22".
    Last edited by silasvirus82; 04-02-2018, 10:40 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Congrats on a fruitful pre-season outing! Hope to see you on the water, Pasadena is also my home port.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Nicely done John. I like the persistence.
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

That's the way to celebrate a temporary break from daddy duties.

Congratulations John. Glad to hear you caught some stripers close to home.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X