Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford,VA

Distance to Bay.jpg

Hey folks! been a minute since I last posted or browsed the forums. I've got some land in Stafford and water access to Aquia Creek only 2 minutes from three launches. It's almost 5 miles on water to big water Potomac and 75 miles to the mouth of the Bay. Plenty of water near me and I'm ready to play. The last I was on here I had just bought a '16 PA14 back in '15 and been traveling to bad corners of the world for work since so I hadn't had much time to fish.. since then, while in FL I bought a '16 PA12 that lives in Jacksonville and some tackle that lives on it and just recently bought a tandem trailer with two PAs 12/14 from 2013 that are loaded for a good price.. all four are Olive drab. I really just wanted the trailer and possibly offload the '13s for a price to offset the trailer.

Anywho, any locals in the Quantico area get out much?
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Sounds like a great idea for a meet & greet. I frequent the Dumfries/Woodbridge area for work and try to put-in when I can. I'm also a big fan of Mattawoman / Pomonkey / Piscataway on the MD shores north of you for SH. Also, a lot of the 'S.M.O.G.' (southern maryland old guys) Crew launch from St Marys City / St Inigoes / Piney Point / Point Lookout i.e. towards the end of your map where it opens to the Chesapeake.

PS you'll have to update your signature with the new boat yard!!!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
      Sounds like a great idea for a meet & greet. I frequent the Dumfries/Woodbridge area for work and try to put-in when I can. I'm also a big fan of Mattawoman / Pomonkey / Piscataway on the MD shores north of you for SH. Also, a lot of the 'S.M.O.G.' (southern maryland old guys) Crew launch from St Marys City / St Inigoes / Piney Point / Point Lookout i.e. towards the end of your map where it opens to the Chesapeake.

PS you'll have to update your signature with the new boat yard!!!
      Indeed. I have quite the fleet...only paid full price for my 1st one...I've got equity in the other three. I should be home late May so something will still be running them I'm sure. The torqeedo will help get me over to mattawoman pretty easily.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
      Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...

Comment

Also forgot, we launch from Marshall Hall (MD Side) and quick trip across the Potomac to Ft. Belvior, there are some BIG CATS down in those deep holes.

Tight Lines, be safe & hope to link up with you late May / June. Hopefully we get some SUNSHINE and warm weather, this spring has been terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
          Also forgot, we launch from Marshall Hall (MD Side) and quick trip across the Potomac to Ft. Belvior, there are some BIG CATS down in those deep holes.

Tight Lines, be safe & hope to link up with you late May / June. Hopefully we get some SUNSHINE and warm weather, this spring has been terrible.
          Confession...Catfishin is my favorite since a wee lad but I'll take whatever's on the hook. Looking forward to trolling for some strippers and hitting the snakeheads down my way too.

Christopher

Comment

You are in Snakehead central! That is the best place to fish for them. It can be a bit weedy. Oh, the bass fishing isn't bad either!

I have been down that way a few times but only once last year. If you are in Stafford you are also close to the Rappahannock River. Right now the Shad are running. The Rappahannock has really good smallmouth fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by HeaveToo View Post
              You are in Snakehead central! That is the best place to fish for them. It can be a bit weedy. Oh, the bass fishing isn't bad either!

I have been down that way a few times but only once last year. If you are in Stafford you are also close to the Rappahannock River. Right now the Shad are running. The Rappahannock has really good smallmouth fishing.
              The Rappahanock scares me for the PA. Looks very rocky passing over on 95

Christopher

Comment

You are right! I tend to fish in the rocks. The Rappahannock is a great smallmouth fishery.

Oh, you do have access to some good saltwater fishing too. It is about 1.5 hours of a drive but in the late summer it puts you on Redfish and Stripers. PM me if you are interested in the location. There are a few places that I would suggest but I am not sure how long it is to a few of them. One of them I have had some luck in my Bay Boat.

You should think about selling one of the Hobies and getting yourself a kayak to fish in the rocks.

If you feel like wading the shad run is worth it. In a few weeks you can use your kayak in the Rappahannock below Falmouth to pick up stripers. The Rapp also holds some good Catfish but I don't fish them much.

Comment

I visited the Rapp last August to wade for smallmouth.

Beautiful river:

P1010936.jpg P1010937.jpg P1010938.jpg
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    I visited the Rapp last August to wade for smallmouth.

Beautiful river:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23196[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23197[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23198[/ATTACH]
                    Mark,

That look like some beautiful scenery in the Rappahannock. Must be fun with a fly-rod.
                    -manny

Hobie Outback
                    Wilderness Systems 130T
                    Hobie Outfitter

Comment

The Rapp is a good smallmouth fishery. Lived in Fredericksburg for 5 years, but didn't do as much fishing as one should. Good floats and fishing from the rapidan/Rapp confluence down to motts.
                      2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
                        Mark,

That look like some beautiful scenery in the Rappahannock. Must be fun with a fly-rod.
                        Thanks Manny. It was/is fun. That was a FSFF trip to the Kellys Ford area. We're going back to the Rapp this year to another portion of the river. I don't know where yet.
                        Mark
                        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

There is a place on the Rappahannock River that holds a lot of big smallmouth bass. It is called snake castle. It is a great place to fish.

Comment

^ I just looked that up. Looks like smallie CENTRAL, very rocky seems like waders is the ticket, no yak.

Comment

Working...
                            X