stay safe my friends !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stay safe my friends !!!

been thinkin it all day ........so i figured i say it Hope everyone and their family and friends exit the storm as they entered it, >>Safe and Sound>> all the best always my friends!! Tight lines always!! hope it is just a bit of rain and wind and we will be done with it

I hear ya. Hope everyone is safe and sond when this is over.

I will be heading to OBX as soon as they let people back in to check on my condo. It is pure tourture watching this on TV.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

jim, could not imagine... hope mother nature is not too harsh... it is different to watch these type events... but when your the one dealing with it directly... gods speed!! only good thoughts for you and your family!!

Comment

........ So far it's more like a gnat fart then a hurricane ..........

Comment

The condo is just a second home so it will suck if it is damaged but not life altering.

Kill Devill Hills is getting the back side of the storm now and most places still have power so that is good news.

This could change the fishing plans for the TKAA tournament. Will have to see what has changed in the bay when all is said and done.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I hope it stays a gnat fart- MM- better to be overly prepared for nothing than not be prepared for a major event and need rescue when none can come- in Sandbridge, Virginia five houses were destroyed when a small tornado spun off the hurricane- most damage from hurricanes is water- not wind- so I never look just at the wind speed- the Great East Coast Hurricane of 1944 was a minimal hurricane of cat 1 and it practically destroyed Atlantic City and Long Island- it has been nearly 200 years since NYC has had a direct hit by a hurricane and this is one forecast to hit NYC-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Definitely ......... always plan for the worst and hope for the best .........

..... rather be laughing about it over a beer than crying over a coffin .........

Comment

Definitely ......... always plan for the worst and hope for the best .........

..... rather be laughing about it over a beer than crying over a coffin .........

Whew ....... dang ...... what did you gnats eat !!!!!!!

Comment

It turned out to be pretty mild so far in PG county. There's a couple of small tree branches down, no power outages or anything. If the system is all cleared out by tomorrow we should be able to get back out on the water.
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

We have lost power several times- got it back right now- worst is due after midnight- we have had rain all day with lots of wind in the bands- looks worse the farther south you are-
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Well I'm eating my words right now.... We lost power in PG county. I'm running on a back up system of my lap top and 3g Mifi I've got food preps, just had to move my meat foods into the freezer though, hopefully they stay fresh long enough.
                      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Have not lost power in Columbia yet, couple of flickers though. Rain is coming down hard here. I wonder how long its going to take for all the muddy water to get out of the Bay. Might have to make more trips to OC/DE for clean water. I might try to hit the incoming tide at Roosevelt Inlet.
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.p...time_label=EDT

Wave heights at goose's Reef just south of Kent island. Wave upto 7.5' wind gusts to 50kts!! hmmm

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.p...time_label=EDT
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

yeah the freighters and tankers are rocking on the bay. they were talking about closing the bay to shipping saturday down at the CBBT

Comment

Working...
                            X