gnat fart got me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gnat fart got me

......... thought we lucked out when I went to bed at 1am ....... woke with no power and the dang winds have been over 30 all day so they can't work ...........sucks

Typing via cell ......sucks.......

Yeah, We lost our power at 11:44 last night- got it turned back on this morning- thankfully we are on a line that feeds the stoplights at a major intersection- we get priority for safety issues-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

......... still without power ........... shoot

...... if ya want to take over this country ...... just knock out the power and then knock out the generators ...... then send out a few EMP's to knock out the computer chips in everything and we're defeated ........ can't even make coffee in most machines without a chip .......... forget the bombs ...... kill the power ............

........ And those dang crickets that kept me up all night .......... agggggghhhhhh
      Last edited by Memory Maker; 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Sunday morning I had already setup my portable gas camp stove and a Coleman double globe gas lantern in the kitchen with a pot of coffeee perking when the lights came back on, so while I was glad we got power, in a way, it was a disappointment that it didn't wait another hour so I could feel better about unpacing all my camping gear-

Comment

Our power has been out since 1030pm Saturday. I just saw a couple of BGE trucks in the area about an hour ago. Please please please. I miss my cpu and television. Hot water would be nice also, cold showers suck.
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Here's what I had....

Got power back yesterday, but I still don't have cable.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              Here's what I had....

Got power back yesterday, but I still don't have cable.
              got every thing ready, generator, gas, ext. cords, food and extra propane for the grill, cleaned all junk that could get blown by high winds. lights flickered once about 2am and that was it. i was waiting for a tree to come down but just got shredded leaves and a few little branches. got lucky this time except had to evac M-in-law from KI that was the worst except for marty bass on channel 13 what an ahole

Comment

Called home ........ still out ......... called the BGE line again ........ wow finally progress ........... line says it will be fixed by Friday ....... oh joy

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                  got every thing ready, generator, gas, ext. cords, food and extra propane for the grill, cleaned all junk that could get blown by high winds. lights flickered once about 2am and that was it. i was waiting for a tree to come down but just got shredded leaves and a few little branches. got lucky this time except had to evac M-in-law from KI that was the worst except for marty bass on channel 13 what an ahole
                  ........ don't call him Smarty Ass for nothing ......

Comment

We lost power around 10pm Saturday. It's still off but the freezer (and tv and internet) is running thanks to a co-worker and his generator. Houses up and down our road have power. All BGE can say is Friday...

Comment

We keep hearing Friday also. This blows. I went and borrowed my buddys generator last night so we could use fridge tv and coffee pot. Gonna go to work early just so I can take a hot shower. Hope everyone is getting by OK.
                      Don
                      2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                      2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I had power. It only flickered once, but on Sat night I lost phone/TV/ Internet. I just got them back at 6am this morning 8/30/2011.

Comment

I hope everyone gets up and running before the next one hits us-

Comment

Took this morning to find dry ice .......... most on this side of town were out ...... finally found some dry ice pellets ...... couldn't find the blocks @ noon ......... checked the neighborhood closer and found several poles down in a rough section .......... they said Friday ....... but not which Friday ....... looks like I'm gonna be out for a long time .........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              Took this morning to find dry ice .......... most on this side of town were out ...... finally found some dry ice pellets ...... couldn't find the blocks @ noon ......... checked the neighborhood closer and found several poles down in a rough section .......... they said Friday ....... but not which Friday ....... looks like I'm gonna be out for a long time .........
                              Safeway carries dry Ice at $1.49 a pound but you have to get it from customer service- I had a big block just in case- It was in my chest freezer Friday night until Sunday- took it out Sunday after the power came back on-

Comment

Working...
                              X