gnat fart got me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Safeway carries dry Ice at $1.49 a pound but you have to get it from customer service- I had a big block just in case- It was in my chest freezer Friday night until Sunday- took it out Sunday after the power came back on-
    Which Safeway ....... everyone I checked was out and they said they were supposed to be resupplied last Friday so thye didn't know what day shipment would come in ......... great supplier !!!!!!

Comment

I got mine in the Waldorf Marketplace Shopping Center Safeway- they had plenty last Friday- I bought twenty pounds-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Still out. Generator is humming to power freezer, tv, and internet... This blows.

Comment

Originally posted by bdwilliams View Post
          Still out. Generator is humming to power freezer, tv, and internet... This blows.
          At least you have a generator ...........I'm still out ...... saw the first BG&E truck today and it was going the wrong way ........... the dry Ice didn't last long ......... gone in the frig in less than 12 hrs ........ 1/2 gone in the frig freezer ......... feel like taking all the meat in the freezer and dumping it on the lawn of the Pres of BG&E .......... predicted a class 3 Hurricane and we get a tropical storm ...... PEPCO had 800 imported linemen ........ BG&E ..... 200 per the robocall I got ....... BG&E raised our rates and lowered the service by an ungodly amount ......... I say reregulate the crap out of them ........ this is a disgrace ........

Comment

Yeah, after Isabel there were convoys of out of state and private bucket trucks on the move after the storm. Not so many this time.

Comment

We have SMECO service and it is the best I have ever had anywhere- I lived 35 years in the Hampton Roads Virginia area and moved here in 1993- I joined SMECO when I bought my house in 1994- and have been impressed with this COOP-

Comment

Got our power back at 3am this morning. Now I'm in the market for my own generator. Fish finder's gonna have to wait...

Comment

Gnat Fart or Not

I think the affects on each individaul are what makes a storm bad or a "gnat fart." Kinda like the difference between a "Recession" and a "Depression." My defination of this is- a recession is when your neighbor gets laid off from work and a depression is when you get laid off-

In Southern Maryland in winter we sometimes get a lot of snow and DC doesn't get anything but a "dusting." So everyone north of us are saying "what Snow?" While we are slipping and a sliding and digging out.

Being just a few miles one way of the other can make a big difference in a hurricane, especially if it is near the eye wall- where the strongest winds are-the northeast quadrant is the worst for storm surge and usually the the place where tornados are spun off-

We are just now hitting the peak of the 2011 hurricane season and it looks like it is the east coast's turn for storms- most Cape Verde storms this time of year run up the east coast- hopefully the rest will hit steering currents and make the right turn offshore and out to sea- but we all know Isabel didn't and others can do the same thing as she did- it is only a mater of time before a really nasty one gets us. So be prepared as best you can and let's hope nothing worse happens this year-

Comment

Hey guy ......... the storm was predicted a Cat 3 and at the most it was barely a Cat 1 in any area of MD .......... West of the bay it was a tropical storm ...........

In any crisis or project management you plan for the worst and hope for the best. Here we got the best and they didn't even plan for that ......... they only ordered a couple of hundred extra linemen per the robocall and then ordered more well after the storm which have been arriving every day ........ 400-500 are due today ........ if they were serious about a cat 3 hurricane they would have ordered the 1400 linemen to be on stand by for Sunday and we'd have power by now

I've been all over Balto County since the storm and today is the first day I've seen a BGE truck or car .........I see plenty of Verizon trucks on the street but not BG&E and they have to replace several poles to get to my area ........ hope I won't have to throw out a freezer full of meat ........

Comment

Continuing Saga .......... yesterday was a good day ......... been trying to get off of this project at work for over a year because of a boss but the upper management keep me here and would talk to the boss ...... I've won every battle which ..... well anyway .... just heard I will be moving to another area ..... Video ...... Woo Hoo

Also ....... got a cash award .........

...... got home and 3 BGE trucks were in the neighborhood ........ they got the lines off of the ground ......... when I got there, 4 guys were standing around talking and 1 guy was on the pole. Thought there would be light last night ......... those SOB's left before the job was done ........ another day ... no power ....... BUMMER !!!!!!!!

Comment

Think positively- today is the day! Hope you get power back early- If they got the lines off the ground it is coming-

Comment

........ called my neighbor ........ she said she talked to a couple of BGE guys in here driveway @ 6 AM ........ they turned the power on and nothing happened and they don't know what's causing it ........... well ....... hopefully they'll figure it out ......... I have to go for a sleep study tonight so I won't be home anyway ........

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                            Think positively- today is the day! Hope you get power back early- If they got the lines off the ground it is coming-
                            Thanks for the pep talk .......... it is frustrating ...........

Ok .... here goes .......... I'm Positive I won't get power today ....... did I get that right.....

Comment

I have been where you are- we had an ice storm a few years ago in Southern Maryland that was epic- it was almost two weeks without power- cold showers sux- thankfully we had a wood stove in the great room that heated the entire house and we could also cook on it if we wanted to but I used a camp stove for cooking- for lights we used a coleman two globe gas lantern and candles- it was very hard-

Comment

Memory, I'm with you brother. I'm still out also.
                                2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                                2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
                                X