Wanted to say hello again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to say hello again.

Had my hip replacement surgery February 3, following lots of advice from the forum to get it cone in the winter. I'm walking without a cane and have been back in the gym for about a month already. I hear that the Severn rockfish season starts June 1st, so I'm planning on going out then, if anyone wants to join me.

I cannot wait to get back out. the physical therapist said I might have a had time sitting in one position for a while, but hey........ Pain is good, of it comes with a rockfish or two.

Best regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Welcome back. As a three time hip replacement and both shoulders replaced individual I can provide some perspective. For the first couple of years you should feel normal, even sitting for prolonged periods. My left hip was replaced 11 years ago and for the last couple years I’m experiencing some discomfort after a couple of hours in the kayak seat. Like a car, the bushings are wearing and alignment is slightly off. For this reason I try to limit my trips to a max of 4 hours, preferably 3. I also keep my seat in the high position, one of my reasons for a PA 14 as it gives me more stability in that elevated position. You will want to minimize having your waist below your knees and be cautious on your exit from the yak, closest I came to a real issue was my foot sliding on ramp slime and quickly approaching cheerleader split levels. I threw dignity aside and rolled out into the water.

Enjoy the season and you were wise to do it in winter.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Mike: Great advice! I will follow all of it.

Thanks again,

Stan
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
      X