Beverly Triton - Time to Double Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton - Time to Double Down

Hello all, we're getting down to the May 1 deadline for getting Beverly Triton Triton Beach Park in the FY19 budget. Here's an article about Beverly Triton and the budget in the April 18 2018 Pasadena Voice: http://www.pasadenavoice.com/communi...er-access-2018

If you haven't already done so, please email County Executive Steve Schuh exschu00@aacounty.org or fill out the budget request form http://www.aacounty.org/departments/...ent/index.htmland ask him to put money for basic stuff - better parking lot, toilets, rinse off showers for Beverly Triton Beach Park in his budget. Please include your full name and snail mail address so he knows you are a real person. Then use that article link above and get someone else to do the same.

If you've already emailed or filled out the form and live in Anne Arundel County, please double down and call the County Executive's office (410) 222-1821 and tell him again that you want basic public health and safety improvements at Beverly Triton. Again, full name and snail mail address.

If you have a community association and you can get them to make a request, that's golden.

Thanks!

Lisa

Thanks for the great information, Lisa. Your tireless efforts to improve water access in AACO is very much appreciated!

Email sent. Calls will follow.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

This was last Saturday morning (4/14) around 730AM, before mid-day hit 85* and we were on a friends powerboat. There's something awesome about B|T, please support AA Co funding improvements so all can enjoy the beauty.

The first picture could be a Dunkin' advertisement akin to the 'Corona - Find Your Beach' style.

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I sent a nice letter to them. Hopefully they will pay attention.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Thank you Lisa. I commented on the budget proposal page, asking for more resources.
          “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Resistance is Futile...

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
            Hello all, we're getting down to the May 1 deadline for getting Beverly Triton Triton Beach Park in the FY19 budget. Here's an article about Beverly Triton and the budget in the April 18 2018 Pasadena Voice: http://www.pasadenavoice.com/communi...er-access-2018

If you haven't already done so, please email County Executive Steve Schuh exschu00@aacounty.org or fill out the budget request form http://www.aacounty.org/departments/...ent/index.htmland ask him to put money for basic stuff - better parking lot, toilets, rinse off showers for Beverly Triton Beach Park in his budget. Please include your full name and snail mail address so he knows you are a real person. Then use that article link above and get someone else to do the same.

If you've already emailed or filled out the form and live in Anne Arundel County, please double down and call the County Executive's office (410) 222-1821 and tell him again that you want basic public health and safety improvements at Beverly Triton. Again, full name and snail mail address.

If you have a community association and you can get them to make a request, that's golden.

Thanks!

Lisa
            I live a quarter of a mile from B|T on Carvel Lane. As a kayaker I am sometimes torn between my loyalty to the community and my love of the sport. I must say that the community attitude about improving Beverly Triton is terribly exclusive. The fever pitched fervor by the community to keep everyone and everything out of "our beach" is transparent and shocking. The traffic that bleeds into the subdivision can be annoying as they execute U-turns over my struggling lawn. However, I've never had an issue using the "public" beach at BT and they were very receptive to our M&G last year. I believe the proposed improvements will help alleviate some of the traffic issues into the subdivision. Thanks Lisa for keeping this on the front burner. I can attest that that this is an issue that needs our input to succeed because the resistance is stiff and extremely organized. Tight Lines Everybody!
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

Lisa,

Thank you for your efforts.

I have contacted County Exec Schuh's office to express my support for BT improvements.

Please note the link you provided for the budget request does not work. ("Page not found.") But I suspect the phone calls and emails will make the point.

I told Mr. Schuh how much I appreciated the access the county has given us thus far and I strongly urged him to support additional improvements at BT as a continuation of the county's water access progress. I mentioned how some in Pasadena objected to improvements at Downs Park but that I hear no community complaints now. Downs Park has made Pasadena a better place to live. It's possible as Gregory said above that improvements to BT will enhance that community also.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Lisa - I tried the link in this thread, and the link from PasadenaVoice, both say page-not-found
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                X