Lucky strikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky strikes?

Anyone using Lucky Craft hardbaits? I keep eyeballing them online, but I rarely see the larger ones in stores, not really sure which ones for stripers. They come in 50 different configurations, but a tad more than the average jerkbait, so I don’t want to order the wrong ones.
    (Anyway to change thread title, I had cigs on the brain)
    Last edited by summersoff; 04-22-2018, 08:04 PM.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Lucky strikes?

We have been using luckycraft craft pointers. The first one we got came in a mystery tackle box. We were about to go fishing and I was digging in my buddy’s garage and jokingly snatched it out of his stack of mtb boxes.

I caught 13 good size bass and he only got 7. The second trip out had similar results with me out fishing him 7 to 3.

Bass are fickle though on our third trip this year it was all fire tiger jointed rapala and not a single fish on the luckycraft pointer.

Between my group of 4 regular fishing buddy’s we bought probably 24 of those pointers after our first two trips.

They are a very nice lure but there cost puts them at a premium.

This is the lure we had awesome luck with. I think there is something to it. To look at it with the naked eye it is a Shad color pattern. With a camera it looks like a rainbow. This is the same lure in at two different angles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

I picked up a ton of them on discount at Ollies in Virginia. They run $8-12 and I spotted them for $4-6, so I bought several.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I’m a fan of Lucky Craft baits. The Pointer 78 is my favorite all around lure. Caught many species on it both fresh and salt.

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post
          We have been using luckycraft craft pointers. The first one we got came in a mystery tackle box. We were about to go fishing and I was digging in my buddy’s garage and jokingly snatched it out of his stack of mtb boxes.

I caught 13 good size bass and he only got 7. The second trip out had similar results with me out fishing him 7 to 3.

Bass are fickle though on our third trip this year it was all fire tiger jointed rapala and not a single fish on the luckycraft pointer.

Between my group of 4 regular fishing buddy’s we bought probably 24 of those pointers after our first two trips.

They are a very nice lure but there cost puts them at a premium.

This is the lure we had awesome luck with. I think there is something to it. To look at it with the naked eye it is a Shad color pattern. With a camera it looks like a rainbow. This is the same lure in at two different angles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I had two of the same ones from MTB. They got absolutely smashed by schoolie stripers the first day I took them out. I was trolling both behind a splitter rig on a single rod and had quite a few doubles. I ended up snagging the rig and lost everything later that day. Until now I couldnt remember what they were, very excited to search them out and buy a few more now!
          Mike

Comment

Lucky strikes?

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
            I had two of the same ones from MTB. They got absolutely smashed by schoolie stripers the first day I took them out. I was trolling both behind a splitter rig on a single rod and had quite a few doubles. I ended up snagging the rig and lost everything later that day. Until now I couldnt remember what they were, very excited to search them out and buy a few more now!
            Those were pointer 95 and in a color pattern that doesn’t appear to be made any more.

We have picked up another 8, two for each of us. The only place I have found that color pattern for currently for sale is eBay.

There are about 10 different styles of pointer, each in up to like 30 individual colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1980 Something Old Town Canoe
            2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
            2015 Coosa HD
            2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
            2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
            X