Fletchers Cove Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletchers Cove Launch

Anyone been down to Fletchers recently? If, so where do you launch from? When I was there 8 days ago, the usual kayak launch spot at the end of the parking lot was not really usable. Tons of tree trunks were washed up on shore effectively blocking the shoreline. Thinking about giving it another shot this weekend. Those logs blocking the shore were huge and it would take some work and probably a chainsaw to get it cleaned out.

I was there about a month ago and the logs were there but there was a path wide enough for me to get the kayak launched. Another option, which depends on the tide, is directly to the right of the ramp that goes out to Fletcher's pier (as in a foot or two to the right looking out from shore). If the tide is in you're fine, if the tide is low, you're not going to be able to launch there. X marks the spot.

Untitled.jpg
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Yep, I’ve launched one of their John boats from there before. About 3 weeks ago, the kayak launch at the end of the parking lot was clear where those logs are now. I had a good day fishing there too. It’s amazing to me how many logs end up along the cove area shoreline after a heavy rain and high river conditions. Those logs are huge. I’d really like to get out there this weekend. Maybe I’ll go scouting one night this week. Also, when river conditions allow it and they are renting boats, I’m not sure how open they are to folks bringing their own kayaks and launching from their dock. Maybe you can just pay a launch fee. On days when they are not renting boats, I don’t think it’s an issue to launch from their dock.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that everything there is NPS land so you should be fine to launch from anywhere with the exception of the actual metal dock. Even that is NPS land, although the concessions are run by a private company. The area now blocked with logs can get pretty crowded with fisherman so a lot of times I pull out where the X is on the image I added. Only once did I have someone who works there say something about using their dock. I just replied (nicely) that I wasnt using their dock, I was landing next to their dock. Seemed to satisfy the guy. On a side note. If you are in a group that includes people renting a rowboat, they will let you launch your kayak from the dock for free.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I was there 2 days ago. I saw several people lunching kayaks about 100 yards below dock. Some rocks but also small flat place to lunch
          A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stopped by this morning to take a look and there is a clear path down there. Several people launching there too. Might head there tomorrow morning....rain or shine.

Comment

I went Saturday evening and caught a few white perch on shad darts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Greg

Hobie i14T (RIP, Screw you mouse!)
              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I made it out today...caught lots of fish, but all really small ones. I did manage to catch four different species in one trip though, which is a first for me. I caught hickory shad (all surprisingly small), a 14 or 15 inch striped bass, a good 20 inch blue cat, and several small white perch. I should have had five species...don’t know where all the American shad were today, but they never found the end of my line.

The kayak launch was a breeze. Someone cleared a path through the logs. I need to pay it forward sometime now.

Comment

Working...
                X