No announcement yet.

lewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a typical Labor Day weekend, Tuf- WS120 and I are talking about fishing the Port Tobacco River soon (maybe next week)...It is brackish waters, so you might catch about anything- it is fairly close and lightly fished- he has fished it and knows where to launch etc. so we can follow his lead-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

nice job tuf, the only thing i got was a big CNR that ate my flounder pounder/gulp on the first drop and a couple small blues. tried jigs, blues belly, bws, crab but no hitters, pulled out around 11 and hit CHSP and got some practice with the fly rod after lunch at irish eyes, soft crab BLT and blue moon yum
      looked around for you and you were way up the bay, little orange dot on the horizon up by broadkill beach.

went out on the Judy V out of IRI on sunday morning. only half day boat going out and not crowded at all. got into some nice croakers to 17" kept 4 biggest out 20 or so everybody had full coolers. also got a sea trout and 2 blues

Comment

Drifted out farther than expected, maybe mile and a half. That's where I hooked the sharks. Wanted sea trout, but got nothing. My fishfinder didn't work right from the start, so couldn't mark fish out there

Delaware caught a big flattie when I came back to the Inlet. Around 4-5 pounds.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

So how is the new Yak working, Tuf? Can you tell much difference in stability? Is peddling much easier is it to travel distances in it than your Prowler?

Comment

As you wish, Ron, will write it up in the Outback vs Revo thread. Thanks

Comment

Check out my signature Tuf- notice anything different?

Comment

Ron,

Congratulations on the new addition to your (kayak) family! Let's also hope the weather improves by Thursday, so we can do some fishing or at least kayaking, depending on the water conditions.
                WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Comment

Originally posted by WST120 View Post
                  Ron,

Congratulations on the new addition to your (kayak) family! Let's also hope the weather improves by Thursday, so we can do some fishing or at least kayaking, depending on the water conditions.
                  It is a three month old Moss Green Hobie Outback- bad luck would have it we were loading it today in a driving rain and the guy dropped his end and broke the pin in the rudder assy- got to get that fixed- otherwise, it is practically brand new- had it in the water three times- figured that was as new a used Outback as I was going to find and we had been back and forth for a week on the price- I am satisfied I got a real good deal-

Comment

Too cool. Congrats, Ron ! Gotta see a pic.

There's suppose to be a spare plastic pin (gray in color) clipped on the back side of the black 8" cover at the stern. It's for the rudder.
                    Last edited by tufnik; 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                      Too cool. Congrats, Ron ! Gotta see a pic.

There's suppose to be a spare plastic pin (gray in color) clipped on the back side of the black 8" cover at mid-yak. It's for the rudder.
                      Good deal, Tuf-
                      It is absolutely stock, Tuf- not much to look at- kinda ugly, actually, but so are utility trucks- It is a very unusual configuration- I can't wait to get it rigged out and tricked up- Once i get the electronics installed and all it should be the cat's meow! I want to get a rod rack like Moc has on his Revolution- that is one bad toy he has-

Comment

Spare pin is store at the stern, not mid-yak. I updated my post.

You'll have to show me how you install your FF transducer. Having an issue with my Piranha Max 170 transducer pressed in with the duct seal putty. It beeps continuously when yak is in the water.

Comment

No worries- I'll be glad to-

Comment

Oh the humanity. We are loosing paddle yakers at an increasing rate to the dark side. I'm holding out as long as money forces me too.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Comment

Working...
                            X