New Emergency Regulations for Hooks, Bait, Striped Bass — May16 through Oct. 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    I can understand the reasoning for dropping to 19" (trying to reduce unintended mortality by keeping this size instead of releasing) given how many I caught last year that taunted me at just below 20". This of course presumes that the person is keeping fish and that they will stop fishing after keeping their two fish. Many of us catch and release, which unfortunately in the warmer months does have some level of mortality to the fish. We can help minimize it by fishing with tackle adequate to get the fish to the boat in a reasonable period of time.

I rarely fish with bait and I've gone to all circles if I do. Of course training folks to not set the hook is harder than it seems.
    Being a long time Catfish angler, I've always thought circle hooks were genius. Just let the targeted fish take the bait and start running and they are neatly hooked in the corner of the mouth. I've seen people out on fishing trips with me that have never used them and watching them try to set the hook when they detect a bite is painful. A little education goes a long way and will be good for the fishermen and the fish.
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

The reason they opened public comment is because emergency legislation was approved on temporary basis from may16-October 12. The comments are open the extend and completely approve legislation.
      Snow Camo Lure 11.5
      Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
      Hummingbird Helix 5
      Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Working...
      X