Reports from Eastern Shore???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports from Eastern Shore???

Hey any of you eastern shore guys still alive and kicking? Please give a report.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Crisfield/Rumbley

I spoke w/ a campground neighbor this AM and he stated other than some docks (along w/ a number of trees) that things weathered the storm pretty well. The Town Dock in Crisfield lost all the decking boards on the north side but they were able to round up most of them up from the streets and Somers Cove Marina and they were putting them down today.

Do not know anything beyond that... but think the bullet was missed by most on the Bay side of the Eastern Shore.

Denny

Comment

We seemed to have mostly wind damage. Branches a few trees in town. I don't know what happened with the flooding bc it didn't really happen. The road by my house floods on a good high tide, well it didn't even flood out. We were expecting to see a few of the houses there under water. They got lucky. I think it was bc of the timing and wind direction.

Comment

Lewes del had tornado damage by rt9 as you turn off rt 1

Comment

Most of us made out well. As others mentioned, flooding and other damages were minor. A lot of people had power outages ranging from a few hours to multiple days.

I fished with a friend in the lower Pocomoke River on Wednesday and things are close to returning to normal. The river was muddy and the outgoing tide was running way faster than normal. We moved out to the bay entrance and when the tide changed, the water was much clearer and fishing was good.

Hopefully the bay and local rivers will clear up more in time for the Labor Day weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X