Watch where you go swimming

http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templ...9221&zoneid=69

Awesome. Down to the bay it comes.

Watch what you eat also.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
      Awesome. Down to the bay it comes.

Watch what you eat also.
      Yeah ......... Heard the brown trout were breaking today .......... top water's ticket ....... striper fishing will probably be off for a week or so .......... trout is a favorite striper bait .........

Comment

every time it rains more than an inch the sewage treatment plants take a crap. you know what they say in the environmental idn. "dilution is the solution"

Comment

Ah, just a little rockfish seasoning!

And there's mystery why striped bass have mycobacteriosis?!?!

Comment

........rainy day constipation is the solution ........

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
              every time it rains more than an inch the sewage treatment plants take a crap. you know what they say in the environmental idn. "dilution is the solution"
              Thats right, this is happening all the time. It is generally in the back pages of the newspapers or some little blip on the news. The bay is used as one big shit hole, even by those who are supposed to be protecting it. Where is the EPA on this subject. How many fines have been issued to counties for improper sewage plants? This is not just an Irene isolated incident.

Comment

Makes me cringe when I see people swimming at the beaches on the bay by the bridge.

Comment

Its getting worse now.

http://essex.patch.com/articles/pipe...patapsco-river

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                    Thats right, this is happening all the time. It is generally in the back pages of the newspapers or some little blip on the news. The bay is used as one big shit hole, even by those who are supposed to be protecting it. Where is the EPA on this subject. How many fines have been issued to counties for improper sewage plants? This is not just an Irene isolated incident.
                    The EPA was neutered during the bush adm. Many regs were ignored and funding to the states were cut. One such area was sewerage treatment. The funds to upgrade the plants to handle the load were not available and regulations were not enforced. I think they even reduced the number of EPA inspectors ..........

Now we have a season for Brown Trout everytime it rains .........

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                      Makes me cringe when I see people swimming at the beaches on the bay by the bridge.
                      I read about an experiment 1 guy did. He took a sample of the water from his toilet, he then used the toilet without flushing for a day I think and took a sample, then he took a sample from the bay when 1 of the beaches were closed .......... which do you think was the dirtiest .........

(Hint) it's the place you catch the fish that you eat ........

Comment

+1 on post #7:
                        http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...ndling-Seafood

http://www.vims.edu/research/departm...myco/index.php

"Studies conducted by VIMS scientists from 1999-2001 showed that mycobacteria could be cultured from the spleens of 76% of striped bass recovered from the Chesapeake Bay (Potomac River to Virginia Beach). Seventy-six percent of these infected fish are positive for M. shottsii. M. shottsii is not only the most common species of mycobacteria in striped bass, but typically occurs at much higher densities than any other mycobacterium in co-infections. This means that anglers are more likely to be exposed to M. shottsii than other mycobacterial species. Whether M. shottsii poses a threat to human health is not yet known."

Pass the Old Bay and lemon butter!

Comment

50 million gallons .......... call the watermen ......... the populations are large enough to open a netting season .........

Comment

PS ........... that's why I don't eat Chespeake bay Oysters .........

Comment

the treatment plants are in bad shape but in MD the storm and sewer lines are seperate. the pumping stations either flood and shut down or the power cuts off in a storm and it flows over. DC Blue PLains is the only plant that takes storm and sewer into there plant. i may catch them at the point but i dont eat them from there. like blue crabs?

Comment

Working...
                              X