Trolling under the bay bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling under the bay bridge

first fishing trip this year. Caught one over and one under 20 inches and lost one a little bit bigger right at the kayak. Overall it was a pretty good day on the water. I trolled from Sandy Point all the way across to the Eastern shore and back! I’m pretty new to bay bridge fishing so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you were doing OK...one tip to remember...pay attention to what the fish are saying...they tell you what they want...duplicate what just happened when you got the fish...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

If you haven't already gotten a copy, purchase Shawn Kimbro's "Chesapeake Light Tackle" for a great reference on fishing the Bay Bridge.

Comment

Hi, are you the guy I told about snaggedline at Sandy Point?
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
          Hi, are you the guy I told about snaggedline at Sandy Point?
          I don’t think so. I heard about Snaggedline 3 or 4 years ago

Comment

I ran into a guy on Saturday who was going out to troll 6 rods in a Hobie with outriggers and sail. He never heard about snaggedline so I gave him the info and off he went.
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
              I ran into a guy on Saturday who was going out to troll 6 rods in a Hobie with outriggers and sail. He never heard about snaggedline so I gave him the info and off he went.
              Wow.. that’s a lot for a kayak. I would love to know how that guys day went! I was out there on Saturday and I think I did see someone on a Hobie with a sale

Comment

I just remembered, it wasn't a Hobie, it was an Old Town and it also had a Minn Kota in the center well. You know what they say, your memory is the second thing to go.
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Working...
                X