Any good recommendations for a charter from Chincoteague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good recommendations for a charter from Chincoteague

I'm heading out to Assateague Island Memorial Day weekend and am thinking a buddy and me will do some charter boat fishing on Friday afternoon instead of dragging the yaks there. Anyone have a recommendation for a charter boat captain/outfit out of Chincoteague. Looking to do some open water fishing for red drum and then also maybe try for some flounder too if they are around.

Steve’s Bait and Tackle should be able to provide you charter recommendations. They’ll also give you an idea what is happening. Flounder are around and although it looks like you have to weed through some shorts, keepers are in the mix. The majority of drum being caught are black drum that far north, but a red is not out of the question.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Try pitbossfishing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y-Knot Fishing Adventures out of Chincoteague does charter flounder trips with success I see the photos posted on FB. We are planning to book with him next year. He may be booked up already (small outfitter) but never hurts to check, as he may have a weekday opening.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I'd second giving Captain Steve's a call and talk to Jimmy. They're good people and they'll point you in the right direction.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for reds though. Not many bulls show up that far north during the spring run. In the fall yeah, but very few in spring usually. And puppy drum are more of a summer into late fall thing. Some black drum should be around still though.
          Brian

Comment

Thanks all, I have a call in to Steve's Bait Shop. Will have to rethink the red drum maybe, but flounder should be on the menu I hope. I really like the Pitbossfishing site too. Gave me a good idea for the sunset (non-fishing) cruise with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
              I'm heading out to Assateague Island Memorial Day weekend and am thinking a buddy and me will do some charter boat fishing on Friday afternoon instead of dragging the yaks there. Anyone have a recommendation for a charter boat captain/outfit out of Chincoteague. Looking to do some open water fishing for red drum and then also maybe try for some flounder too if they are around.
              Go to Captain Steve's Bait and Tackle. They can hook you up, no pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Jim McFalls
              MSG US Army Retired
              US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
              2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
              2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
              Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
              YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Working...
              X