Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudee Reds or Delaware Blues - Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudee Reds or Delaware Blues - Saturday?

Weather looks pretty awful on Saturday but I still want to get out. I was thinking either Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach or Lewis Delaware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From strictly a safety stand point -Rudee Inlet hands down...protected from winds, quick to get to shore in case of thunderstorms...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Could also throw jbay into the mix, but that's not very protected either. For what it's worth, I fished Lewes years ago (Henlopen), and it's fairly protected inside of the first sea wall, and in between the fishing piers. Obviously that'll all depend on wind direction but just thought I would throw that out there. There's also the roosevelt inlet, and maybe you could even call up DPS or another local store and see what they'd recommend.

Comment

Just coming from Rudee for a week with high winds we caught reds, blues, specs, weakfish & flounder during our stay. Aslo saw a huge cobia in Wells lake. Rudee's a zoo on weekends but fishable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesserkirk View Post
          Weather looks pretty awful on Saturday but I still want to get out. I was thinking either Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach or Lewis Delaware

If I didn't have to judge an all-day jazz festival in Chantilly, VA, I would join you in a heartbeat!! Catch 'em.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Jim McFalls
          MSG US Army Retired
          US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
          2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
          2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
          Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
          YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
            Just coming from Rudee for a week with high winds we caught reds, blues, specs, weakfish & flounder during our stay. Aslo saw a huge cobia in Wells lake. Rudee's a zoo on weekends but fishable though.

Cobia in lake Wesley? Sure you didn’t see a large blue or red? They’re just showing up near Oregon Inlet, NC.
            J

Comment

Positive, we were catching blues, flounder, specs and jeff caught a red. The head shape, tail and dorsal fin sticking up out of the water was definitely that of a cobia, it was right on top the surface and could be clearly viewed. I thought it really strange to see one this time of year and where it was. Moc & Jeff can even verify the sighting as I pointed it out to them and we followed it until it took off.

Comment

Wow that's unusual, but the water temperatures are in the correct range there. On a similar note, there was one of decent size last year within ten feet of shore off Chick's beach by the CBBT. Local news and social media erroneously reported it as a shark.
                J

Comment

Finding species in odd places happens all the time...a Great White Shark was caught in a net off Gloucester Point in the Bay before...A tarpon was caught on the western shore last summer...we used to fish for cobia at the rock jetty at Rudee Inlet...great eating fish...really tasty...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Well which did you do? Report? I fished for the blues last year and got a 36" from the kayak went back 2 weeks later with son in law and slammed them from the pier. We keep 8 i think it was. I'll probably miss them this year since they're late. Real busy the next couple of weeks. But they are they now.

Comment

Due to all the negative weather reports I didn’t make it out yesterday or today. Next week is another story, thanks for all the helpful tips.

Comment

Maybe I am realllly spacing out here.... but while Saturday was rainy.. Sunday was nice...
                        I check the buoys.. and the weather, like crazy...

Trust me I know that we have to parlay when it is worth it to go, as opposed to the cost of going and things suck.

There is nothing worse than of... "Well I should have gone."

I am just trying to give you inspiration here... but also to shove it in my own face for not going last week when I had the chance some where and squeeze in a trip.

As work for this week has thrown me a bugger... and I might not even have a chance... this week.

I hope you have success... and as I throw this in my face also...
                        Ya just gotta go.

Tightlines.

Comment

Enlightening

Comment

Working...
                          X