New to the Kayak Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Kayak Game

Hows it going guys? Been an avid surf fisherman for years primarily fishing stripers in MD DE and NJ on plugs. Finally took the dive when I came across a deal too good to pass up on a 2015 outback. I've only had it out once but christened it with a striper.
    Plan is to branch out and expand my target species now that I have so much more water to fish. First on the list is cobia, been doing some research and gonna head down to Buckroe and give it a shot.

Anyway just saying hey. I'm located in the Rockville area and will be pedaling all around this summer searching for fish.

Originally posted by kurazy kracka View Post
    Hows it going guys? Been an avid surf fisherman for years primarily fishing stripers in MD DE and NJ on plugs. Finally took the dive when I came across a deal too good to pass up on a 2015 outback. I've only had it out once but christened it with a striper.
    Plan is to branch out and expand my target species now that I have so much more water to fish. First on the list is cobia, been doing some research and gonna head down to Buckroe and give it a shot.

Anyway just saying hey. I'm located in the Rockville area and will be pedaling all around this summer searching for fish.
    Lol @ your username. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Welcome to the dark side ............. would love for you to teach me some surf casting plugs sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
        Welcome to the dark side ............. would love for you to teach me some surf casting plugs sometime
        This spring has been brutal for me, seems I miss them every time I go and driving to DE 2-3 times a week for a suicide night run is wearing me down.

I've only been doing it a few years but feel like I have learned a good bit and do ok. Haha I could prolly share some info though!

Comment

Welcome to kayak fishing and snaggedline. Love my outback and hope to see you on the water. Try to attend some of the meetups in June and July.

Comment

Welcome aboard. I second the meetup suggestion.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

It's great to see styles converge. Welcome to the addiction!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by kurazy kracka View Post
                This spring has been brutal for me, seems I miss them every time I go and driving to DE 2-3 times a week for a suicide night run is wearing me down.

I've only been doing it a few years but feel like I have learned a good bit and do ok. Haha I could prolly share some info though!
                Welcome! I remember seeing you post over on pier and surf (your username is unique). I tried to get into the surf fishing thing, but just wasn't worth it for me considering the time vs reward. This is a nice place full of knowledge. I'm sure it may exist on other kayak fishing forums, but this place lacks the knuckle dragging pi$$ing matches that seem to permeate most surf fishing forums Ive found.

Like others have said, try to get out to some of the meet and greets. If you cant make those, let people know when and where your going and more than likely there is someone already going or willing to join.
                "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                X