Fisherman’s Inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman’s Inlet

Putting in on Saturday morning at the Wise Point boat ramp, I plan on targeting Flounder, Reds and trout.

Any tips or recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flounder are being caught in the troughs with bucktails jigging. Large red drum, black drum, and cobia are being caught in the shoals with large sharks present. Sight casting is an option for the larger reds in some areas if you paddle around.
    J

Comment

Be aware that area can get really rough outside of the inlet in the shoals really quickly...particularly with SW winds bucking a outgoing tide or NE winds anytime...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Bring a friend if you can. You’re a long ways from help if something goes wrong. Also have a working, waterproof VHF radio.

Check the wind on a app like Windy or Fishweather as Saturday gets closer. Anything from the South greater than 10-12 will make it snotty in the inlet.

As far as the fishing, keep your eyes open for anything that looks “different” in the water, explore, and have fun.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies, I’ll be going with a couple other paddlers and will keep an eye on the wind. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X