Kipto trip Friday before fathers day- and Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipto trip Friday before fathers day- and Sat

I am planning a trip to Kipto- species targeted are flounder and Sheepshead primarily. I will arrive Friday AM about 7 am- fish through the day and evening- hit it again early Sat AM and then start the drive home. Hoping some others will join in the fun!- please respond if you might go. will post pics-

Where or what is Kipto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kiptopeke VA (you can use your MD saltwater license)- My buddy just caught a 50 pound cobia with some clams fishing under the ships. !- Bringing a cobia rig!-

Comment

A bit far for me at 4 hours awau

Comment

Bringing a cobia rig!-[/QUOTE]

FYI, Virginia requires that you register for a no cost Cobia permit prior to fishing for them. This is in addition to your MD fishing license which they honor in a reciprocal agreement. You must report online within seven days of your trip any Cobia caught and harvested or released. If you are not successful in catching one you are required to still report the number of days you attempted to catch them within 30 days of the end of the season.

Comment

My friend stopped and got a bag of crabs to cut up for sheepshead. DNR stopped him and it turns out they were female sponge crabs. He almost got thrown in jail for the day. They threw him off the water and made him drive Home back to Maryland! He said the sheepshead we’re not in yet but we’re down by the bridge. He also said very few flounder. He caught six tog quickly and a ton of croaker. And then he caught a 50 pound cobia on a clam under one of the ships!

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
              My friend stopped and got a bag of crabs to cut up for sheepshead. DNR stopped him and it turns out they were female sponge crabs. He almost got thrown in jail for the day. They threw him off the water and made him drive Home back to Maryland!
              Selective enforcement? I ask because on any given day, you can go down and watch lots of people walk away with bushels of sponge crab from the fishing pier at kipto. Every time I see DNR stop by, they've only ever gone up to the people fishing while walking past the people with all the sponge crab.
              "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
              Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
              X