Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead crazy activity but no biting

Hi,

I went out to the Potomac this morning, and tried to target LMB, and SH for the first time. I paddled around and arrived at an area with lots of lily pads. There was CRAZY SH activity going on. I don't know they were feeding, or even fighting, but they were everywhere breaking water and so aggressive. But none of my lure worked, a black frog, swimming bait and etc. You see them right around you and no biting at all. It was quite frustrating.. Have you guys experienced something like? I'd really like to figure out why and maybe what I should have done differently..
    Last edited by tmc3p; 06-09-2018, 10:41 AM.
    Daniel

Feelfree Lure 11.5

A lot of time it is carp .......... I think this is about the time they spawn.

Also, someone said the snakehead are spawning.

Comment

I see.. I saw one or two snakehead so I assumed they are snakehead. Do they get so aggressive when spawning?
      Daniel

Feelfree Lure 11.5

Comment

Snakehead are aggressive nes/fry guarders. They'll stick close to the edge of a ball of their young and attack most things that come too close. I'm not sure about their spawning habits but maybe they were too busy getting busy, to be attracted by a lure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X