What three lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What three lures

A relative newcomer is heading down this way and said he was anxious to learn somethings. I facetiously told him he wouldn’t learn much from me since I’m currently fish finderless, only fish one rod at a time (I have to feel what’s going on and straight trolling is boring as heck) and only carry three lures. He asked me, which three. Didn’t see that one coming. But as I thought about it, for saltwater I rarely use more than 3.

4” Bass Assassin in pearl with chartreuse tail on a 1/4 oz jighead
    A top Water bait, right now I’m using a Chug Bug
    The Teeny Rebel R for perch

While I’ll vary the jig head weight and sometime color of the paddletail I believe I could fish from now until fall with just that tackle box if forced to. What 3 would you put in your survival tackle box?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

1/8oz beetle spin with white curly tail for perch
    1/2oz jig and 4-5” paddletail
    5 1/2 sinking yozuri crystal minnow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1/8 oz. jig spinner with bucktail
      1/8 oz. jig with 12 Fathoms Fat Sam 3 inch paddletail
      1/2 oz. popper -- any style (with single in-line hook dressed with bucktail on back)
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

1-Bone color Zara Spook
        2-Any of a number of minnow jerkbaits... last year orange shadow rap was my best producer
        3- perch lure, micro chatterbait with small gulp minnow

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Red 1/4 oz bass assassin jighead with 4" zman minnow in opening night
          1/2oz g-eye jig in the Go2 color with another zman, maybe the 5" grass kicker
          1 oz jig with Striper sniper worm

If a fish doesn't hit any of those 3, it won't hit anything.

Comment

I agree with the 1/8 ounce jig spinner with a curly tail grub. Catches fish anyplace.
            A Lucky Craft Pointer 78 jerk bait in a white color has been fantastic for me too.

I don't think you need anything more than those two.

Comment

1.) chartreuse 3/8 ounce jig head with pearl white 4" swimming mullet
              2.) chartreuse 3/8 ounce jig head with new penny 4" paddle tail
              3.) gold weedless (The Secret) spoon. Tip with swimming mullet tail and troll.
              3 b.) Tsunami Popper 4" blue.

I rarely go home without dinner. 90% or more of what I throw is the 3/8 ounce jig head and swimming mullet. Perfect weight to cut through wind and not sink to the bottom as retrieved. 1/2 is too much and 1/4 too little for the 2 to 4 feet water I fish. I'll make the switch to option 2 or 3 if a.) I've burned the spot with 100 casts or so and the fish are not responding anymore (i.e. bite every 5 or 10 casts) or if it's a rare morning and 100 or so casts in I still can't find em. If they are around though Chartreuse and pearl white gets em to bite (Striper, reds, big perch, trout).

Comment

Working...
              X