Slower Lower Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The picture of the Redfish didn’t focus...wearing sunglasses and taking pictures with an older IPhone in bright sunlight is not my thing...did get this perch before it flipped off the measuring board into the water...LOL...as Mike said fishing was great...catching...not so much...got a 19 and some Striper early then two hours later a perch, then an hour later the Redfish and perch...slow, sweaty kinda day...IMG_3873.JPG
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice perch Ron.

I've caught a few 11 inchers this year but so far no 12s.

Good luck to all who attend the Lower Slower M&G next Saturday. I hope reds, specks, stripers, perch and Mike's flounder join the party. I look forward to the reports and photos.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

For our Snaggedline friends...St. Inigoes launch is at the end of Beachville Road...and it is past St. Mary’s college on Route 5 South...a Right turn on Beachville Road when you are traveling south on Route 5...and don’t get nervous driving down Beachville Road...it seems to go forever, but it is past the Navy Auxiliary Air Webster Field gate...you cannot miss the launch...it is impossible...just go to the end and there is a BIG sign on your left...and early is better than late...daylight at 5:15...we have some of our locals kayakers who will be launching at first light...channel 68 on the VHF...Courtney’s is directly across the creek...great local fresh seafood...

Comment

Mike, if I can weasel my way out of the office I’ll be down there.
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

I’ll be there. It will be great to fish w/everyone.

Comment

Looking like a big turnout. Wind forecast for Saturday is looking good so far, light SW to S winds. Temps are going to be like the song, Hot, Hot,Hot. Bring plenty of hydration. Last launch at 6 but encouraging folks to launch earlier to catch the best part of the tide. There are redfish up in grass banks during higher water. Up in the banks there are also biting flies so bring your bug spray.

Lunch will be at Courtneys around 12. No reservation but usually they can accommodate bigger groups. It’s directly across from the launch so you can paddle in or drive, your choice.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                Mike, if I can weasel my way out of the office I’ll be down there.
                Cough, cough. Dr Mike prescribing outdoor air for that nasty office cough.
                Mike

Comment

Does attendance come with tips and tricks for those that haven't fished the area before?
                  "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                  Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Absolutely...I will be happy to share what little I know and show the rigs, techniques, etc.

[ATTACH]23651[/ATTACH. these are the lures I use most depending on conditions

]IMG_3875.JPG. These are the two 3200 Plano boxes I carry inside my square hatch...covers everything...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-26-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like the wife and i will be there!
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I plan to attend. First time that far south. Thanks for the lure tips.
                        Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
                        Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Hey Ron and Mike, any chance of finding Croaker or spot at Inigoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Water hasn’t been warm enough for spot. Could be a few croaker in the deeper channel of Smith Creek but I’m not hearing reports of quantity or size. Perhaps you can break the mold.
                            Mike

Comment

I was really planning to attend but unfortunately won't be able to make it out Saturday, but I will be fishing Friday... I hope to meet you guys on the next M&G. Drink plenty of water... it's gonna be a scorcher. Tight Lines!
                              2017 Hobie Outback - Camo
                              2014 Hobie Oasis - Olive

Comment

Pretty new to the forum, been reading for awhile - first post
                                I plan on coming down and hopefully meeting a few people and catching a fish or two
                                Looking forward to it.

Chris - 2016 PA14

Comment

Working...
                                X