Pro Angler/ Stand Up Paddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Angler/ Stand Up Paddle

So I fished hard yesterday and came up empty handed except a foul hooked ray, they were incredibly thick. Also had a long distance release of my only striped bass. Other than abismal fishing, which I am pretty sure the rays have muddied the waters and driven the bass elsewhere. I did put my new extendable paddle or good use yesterday. I turned the pro angled into a stand up paddle board for 2 and a 1/2 hours. It was very efficient and I can see if the fishing should turn around next weekend it will be a deadly tactic for sight fishing. You can easily manage the 14 foot hull with good speed and correctable course. I was cruising at 1.5 knots and had the fly rod at the ready for any fish that would show its sides to me. But I’ll have to try the shallows next week with better results. I highly recommend picking up a stand up paddle for your kayak if you can easily stand up on it.
    Tight lines

BigBev67,

I've had kayak fishing guides do that in TX and FL:

P1030271.jpg P1030373.jpg

It worked in TX...not in FL.

Yes, the bite was horrible yesterday. I'm sorry we were skunked but the bite was hard in many places for some reason.

Speaking of rays, I like these photos of one coming right at you:

P1030752.jpg P1030753.jpg

They muddied the water for sure but they gave each of us our only pullage for the day!
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I wish I took a picture of the narrows when I was going to Grasonville but the mud was incredible. I think the rays are there in full force.

Comment

Bigbev,

I think I met you on my way out with my son when you were coming in. You weren't kidding about the muddy water. Things were clearer a bit north and we managed some shorts and my son managed a 24"er. Thought I caught a really nice one, drag was screaming, grabbed the rod, felt the head shake, adrenaline pumping, 10 minutes later, foul hooked ray...... Boo.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

NHunter,
          Yea that was me. Nice to meet you, it looked like you 2 were about to have some fun when I left. Im glad you got into them. 3 of us in the early morning left empty handed. The tide was ripping thru the narrows and I guess that’s the reason I didn’t try further north. Maybe see you out there again. Sunday I made up for it with some great trout fishing.
          Tight lines

Comment

Working...
          X