X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing legislation coming up. Please pass on to other sites as appropriate

June 21, 2018

Dear BoatUS Member:

An important positive change to federal laws involving saltwater fishing is about to be voted on in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate. The Modern Fish Act (part of H.R. 200 and S. 1520) will help improve public access to America's federal waters, promote conservation of natural marine resources, and spur economic growth by fixing key issues in the law governing marine fisheries. Ask your members of Congress to support this legislation and help ensure fisheries management that works for recreational fishing.

Take Action

The Modern Fish Act is a comprehensive package specifically aimed at addressing the needs of the nation's 11 million saltwater recreational anglers. It will improve management of fish stock, give better access to America's federal waters and promote conservation of our shared natural marine resources. You can learn more about this issue from BoatU.S. Magazine:

Improving Fishing Regulations For Recreational Anglers - June 2018

40 Years Of The Magnusen-Stevens Act - June 2017

If you love to fish, please speak up now, send a message today, and consider sharing this information with your fishing and boating friends, neighbors, yacht clubs and marinas.

If you have any additional questions, contact BoatUS Government Affairs at GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com

Thank you for being a BoatUS Member!

David B. Kennedy
    BoatUS Government Affairs
    GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com
    703-461-2878 x8363
    Advocacy.BoatUS.com
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Here is link to the bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is basically a way for industries (mainly oil and gas) to have input into fishery management decisions. This is a bad idea. They masquerade it as promoting conservation when in actuality it's undoing things that have rebuilt fish stocks like annual catch limits, catch share management strategies, etc. Thank you for sharing it on the forum though. I get people's frustrations with certain fisheries (i.e. red snapper) but overall, fisheries in the U.S. are typically healthier than in most of the world, and I feel like this is a slap in the face to approaches that have boosted the health of those fisheries.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

http://blogs.edf.org/edfish/2017/04/...t-overfishing/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X