cbbt this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbbt this weekend

Josh (yakfisher) and. I are heading down to cbbt thus weekend. Matt (slap) might join us if anyone is interested pm me to work out carpool/ convoy plans. Tentative plan now is to hit the kiptopeake area sat and Sunday. Target fish are flounder, drum, cobra(if seen), sheepshead, trigger, tog. We have a camp site at kipto.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

you guys have a blast- I am tired after today's fishing- might go one more time this weekend- probably out to Cobb Island and try for some salt-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

The flounder, drum, sheepshead, trigger and tog are great. I wouldn't mess with any cobra's though. I don't want anyone to get bit.

Kidding aside. Good luck down there. I look forward to some Citations again from you guys.

Oh

Video and pics are required.

Comment

Be careful and have a ball- Live lining spot or a tailor blue around the Latimer shoals area could get you a nice Cobia- one tip- Sand fleas work like champs around the pilings for Spades- dig them right at the water's edge in the sand- bust open the big ocean clams and heavily salt them overnight in a jar and that toughens them up and helps keep them on a hook- clams, and crabs are hard to beat for Togs and black drum- on the bay side of the fourth Island there is a hole about 80 feet deep that always has Black Drum hanging around- Ocean side piling number 235 has an old sunken work barge they were using to build the CBBT when a storm sunk it with a crane on it- it is sitting against the piling- that has citation tautogs- that was always my "honey hole." Another close to the beach Tog honey hole area (giving away all my secrets) is where the Navy LST cut the bridge into during a hurricane and it is littered with broken bridge materials,part of the highway decking, etc.- that is about a mile off the VA Beach side- that is where Rob Choy and Kayak Kevin always fish- over the wreck debris-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X