baitcaster line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baitcaster line

there was a topic on line before, but what line are you guys using on your baitcasters specifically?

probably most are using braid, no?

i was thinking fireline bc i like it better, but i read that fireline might not work well on baitcasters?

was also thinking about just using mono to make it easier to fix backlashes
    sigpic

20lb power pro. Backlashes and biirdnests are easy to take out if you know how to the right way.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

20 to 30lb power pro. The small stuff tends to be a pain in the ass when things go bad. Don't ask me how i know.

Comment

I went with 20 LB Power Pro as well... I have yet to have to have a professional overun that I haven't been able to pull or pick out! Many people say don't go with braid... BLAH! I'm no pro with baitcasters, this is my first full season with it and have made the switch from mono all ready!

Comment

I made the mistake of putting 8lb Power Pro on one of my lite casting rigs. I was sending jigs a mile but one snag on the bottom and brake off dug the line so deep into the spool that the next cast resulted in an historic birds nest of biblical proportions. I had to cut 100 yards of line out of that sucker to get back to a free line.

Never again.

20lb is the lowest test i will work with on a conventional reel. on a good note the remainder of that 8lb braid fit perfectly on my UL spinning outfit.

The most important thing when spooling braid is to get it on the spool Tight. Real tight.............. If you pinch the spool and feel any give then its too loose. That stuff with dig into its self real bad if its spooled loosely.

Comment

I started with 30 lb powerpro then went to 20... I'm getting ballsy now and I have 15 lb power pro. Thinner the line, the more sensitive and less weight needed right? We'll see. So far no backlashes but more breakoffs. 20 might be the ticket.
            Used to fish more.

Comment

I use Cabelas RipStop braid- got it on sale and bought a lot of it-so far it has been great- had it on almost a full season- no problems- I have it in 15 pound and 30 pound 300 yard spools- Use the 15 on spinners and the 30 on bait casters- I tie on about two feet of 20 pound flouro leader using double uni knots-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X