How far north are croakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far north are croakers?

Wanting to try to get into some croaked. Im from southern pa. Are they at Solomans? That's a 2.5 hour drive for me

I have not caught any around the Annapolis this year. You might try a website called www.tidalfish.com. It is for all kinds of fishing and has reports from all over.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

the only three i've caught this year were in Savannah Georgia.

i do not think they are up this far yet.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by Fishguts430 View Post
        Wanting to try to get into some croaked. Im from southern pa. Are they at Solomans? That's a 2.5 hour drive for me
        No one can guarantee anything about fishing...the croakers that were caught last week at St. Clement’s Island/Heron Island Bar may have moved...all that can be said is they were there...we normally catch Croakers north of Cobb Island in the Potomac Up past the Harry Nice bridge...this year has been very unusual as far as fish migration...no such thing as “normal”
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I don't know where the line is, but I caught more than I could count this past Saturday around CBBT. I know they catch them further north in the bay, but I not sure the closest point to you. You might be better off going East than South, got to be some in Delaware or the E. Shore.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Caught a whole bunch of croakers in the tidal marsh area just north of Indian River Inlet in Delaware earlier this month.
            Locals tell me the area also holds flounder and the occasional redfish.
            Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -manny

Hobie Outback
            Wilderness Systems 130T
            Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
            X