Has anyone used these rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used these rods?

So I need a good MH 6.5-7' spinning rod preferably with fast action, or mod fast, to pair with a lighter 2500-3000 spinning reel with 20lb braid. Should be throwing 1/4-1 oz jigs on it and occasionally going up to 1.5 or even 2 oz. And I like the split grips. I'm looking for a rod from 50-100$ and these are the contenders. Please comment if you've used them and offer alternatives too if they match the criteria above. Thanks!

Daiwa Procyon Inshore
    Fenwick HMX
    Daiwa Aird
    Abu Garcia Veritas (this might be rated too lightly for the heavier jigs)

I already use ugly stiks but want one rod with more sensitivity for jigging mainly, but also for casting and probably trolling as well (lighter baits).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have the ugly sticks. Just got a Ugly Stick GX2 light action 6’ 6” and love it. Have it paired with a Okuma Ceymar C-30 with 15lb braid and 12lb fluorocarbon leader. Casts as smooth as butter and extremely far on light tackle. And for $38 for the rod and $36 for the reel, it’s a sweet deal IMHO. I also have a Med-Light ugly stick with a Kast-King live line reel and and a med heavy with a larger Kast King. All Ugly sticks.

Got a few nice bass the other night at Gifford Pinchot on Maxscent stick baits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Earlier this spring a buddy turned me on to these Okuma ceymar baitfeeder, cbf40 I stuck it on an abu Vendetta from dicks. I ended up picking up a second I loved it so much. Everything from live lining to chunking, catfishing, casting, jigging, etc
      For me it’s been the best all around rod reel combo I’ve had in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post

Earlier this spring a buddy turned me on to these Okuma ceymar baitfeeder, cbf40 I stuck it on an abu Vendetta from dicks. I ended up picking up a second I loved it so much. Everything from live lining to chunking, catfishing, casting, jigging, etc
        For me it’s been the best all around rod reel combo I’ve had in a long time.

You got me all fired up and I jumped on Amazon and ordered a C-40 to go with my medium Ugly Stick rod along with some fresh spider wire translucent braid. Not using the baitfeeder as I have the Kast King for that.

Comment

I use a lot of Berkley rods primarily the lightning rod series. But got some AMP rods from Berkley also. Really like the AMP rods for saltwater and how they load up well and the quick tip that is sensitive and strong. 30 bucks for a rod is money well spent. I believe the rod and the reel should be matched and the reel the most expensive part with a good drag up to 20lbs and long casting. I pick Cabo PT as the reels on my rigs.

Pick one up and play with it. For 30 bucks you can not beat them.

Capt Mike

Comment

Hey Pat I have a couple of the procyons. I got a great deal on them on line. With shipping they were around 50 bucks. Definitely a good rod at that price. I also recently got a Cadence rod for around $50. It seems pretty nice for that price also.

Comment

Originally posted by captmikestarrett View Post
              I use a lot of Berkley rods primarily the lightning rod series. But got some AMP rods from Berkley also. Really like the AMP rods for saltwater and how they load up well and the quick tip that is sensitive and strong. 30 bucks for a rod is money well spent. I believe the rod and the reel should be matched and the reel the most expensive part with a good drag up to 20lbs and long casting. I pick Cabo PT as the reels on my rigs.

Pick one up and play with it. For 30 bucks you can not beat them.

Capt Mike
              I was surprised they have a Medium-Heavy spinning rod listed in their website, may have to look into that!
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
              X