Weems. Creek. Tuesday a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems. Creek. Tuesday a.m.

I launched out of Tucker Street at about 9:00 a.m. ( I fished there Sunday, too, and ran into Jim McFalls, but I don't report every trip). Lol.

John Veil got there before I did, and we ended up meeting out on the water to compare notes. I left him a little present on his car in case I missed him, replacing that tarnished spinner bait with a new one.

The water was dark green and visibility below the bridges was a foot or so. It was less clear above the bridges and still a little turbid.
    I caught a bunch of perch on the "usual," a 1/8 oz Green Chartrueuse spinner jig with a gold blade. Most of the fish were from 5-7 inches. There is a lot of bait in the water ranging from pods of 2" bunker pups down to tiny fry that is swarming around the docks and rip-rap.

This has been an odd year. Most of the fish that I have caught have been on some sort of rip-rap pattern, perhaps 10-15 yards off shore. I had this one pleasant surprise, an 18" rockfish, lots of fun on the ultra light. This is the largest rock I have caught in Weems this season.

IMG_1025.jpg

The mid summer dock pattern hasn't really developed. I did find one dock that held several good sized fish, but that was the exception. I caught 4 or 5 fish between 8-9" from this dock.
    Last edited by bignose; 08-07-2018, 04:56 PM.

Originally posted by bignose View Post
    I launched out of Tucker Street at about 9:00 a.m. ( I fished there Sunday, too, and ran into Jim McFall, but I don't report every trip). Lol.

John Veil got there before I did, and we ended up meeting out on the water to compare notes. I left him a little present on his car in case I missed him, replacing that tarnished spinner bait with a new one.

The water was dark green and visibility below the bridges was a foot or so. It was less clear above the bridges and still a little turbid.
    I caught a bunch of perch on the "usual," a 1/8 oz Green Chartrueuse spinner jig with a gold blade. Most of the fish were from 5-7 inches. There is a lot of bait in the water ranging from pods of 2" bunker pups down to tiny fry that is swarming around the docks and rip-rap.

This has been an odd year. Most of the fish that I have caught have been on some sort of rip-rap pattern, perhaps 10-15 yards off shore. I had this one pleasant surprise, an 18" rockfish, lots of fun on the ultra light. This is the largest rock I have caught in Weems this season.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23997[/ATTACH]

The mid summer dock pattern hasn't really developed. I did find one dock that held several good sized fish, but that was the exception. I caught 4 or 5 fish between 8-9" from this dock.
    Bignose!!! It was a pleasure bumping into you yesterday! And thanks for the spinner!

Jim

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Nice going Stu, glad you spinners are catching fish. We need to hook up again on Weems!
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

It was a pleasure to spot Stu on the opposite shoreline of Weems as I was returning to the launch this morning. I did a relaxing two-hour trip trolling paddletails between perch spots and tossing Bignose spinners for perch on shaded shorelines. The bite was not fast and furious for me today, but I did manage a few stripers and perch. When I returned to my van, I found a new spinnerbait that Stu had left for me. Thanks buddy!
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

��
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
          X