Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu Garcia Revo model?

Hey there,
    I have always used a spinning reel for fishing. I have a Stradic C4 4000 and a Penn Conflict 2 3000 as my main reels attached to St Croix Mojo bass rods. After reading Alan Battista's jigging book and Shawn Kimbros books, I have decided to try a baitcaster. I have tried my spinners for snakehead and would like the ability to slow the lure down before it hits vegetation. My question is which model of Abu Garcia Revo do you all use or like. The Revo X, Revo S, or go ahead and get the Revo X inshore. Thanks for your help. I love this forum...…..I would prefer to keep it under 150 but I'm also thinking this might be my one and don't mind buying the right reel the first time.

Originally posted by Agator101 View Post
    Hey there,
    I have always used a spinning reel for fishing. I have a Stradic C4 4000 and a Penn Conflict 2 3000 as my main reels attached to St Croix Mojo bass rods. After reading Alan Battista's jigging book and Shawn Kimbros books, I have decided to try a baitcaster. I have tried my spinners for snakehead and would like the ability to slow the lure down before it hits vegetation. My question is which model of Abu Garcia Revo do you all use or like. The Revo X, Revo S, or go ahead and get the Revo X inshore. Thanks for your help. I love this forum...…..I would prefer to keep it under 150 but I'm also thinking this might be my one and don't mind buying the right reel the first time.
    Can't go wrong with any of the Revo's. I like them all.

Comment

I have both the Revo S and SX that I used for a couple of years. They both are really good reels. The main difference between the two being the SX has a magnetic brake and the S a centrifugal. For a starter reel you might find a magnetic braking system to be a bit easier to dial in for birdsnest prevention. I might be willing to part with mine as I don't use them any more because they are both right handed retrieve and I have switched to Left Handed ones now.

Comment

Working...
      X