Hello to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all

I am just now able to post after Redfish 12 helped me find my activation email (in spam). I've been boat fishing for over 50 years but new to Kayak fishing. Started earlier this year with a couple of Lifetime yaks and just picked up a new 2018 Hobie Outback (thanks again to Redfish12 for guidance) so I'm saying goodbye to an old friend...my javelin bass boat. Loving this kayak fishing, it opens up a whole new world plus it's an all new learning experience. I'm looking forward to reading your posts for ideas and open to recommendations for mods. Tightlines!
    2019 Hobie PA 12
    2018 Hobie Outback Dune
    2018 Lifetime Triton Angler 100

Welcome aboard...the Outback is an awesome fishing machine...and should serve you well...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the hobby Bayvalley.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Welcome to the forum and the hobby Bayvalley.
        Thx, I'll check out your book since I now am an "Old Guy in a plastic boat"
        2019 Hobie PA 12
        2018 Hobie Outback Dune

Comment

Originally posted by Bayvalley1 View Post
          Thx, I'll check out your book since I now am an "Old Guy in a plastic boat"
          Thank you. PM me and I'll mail you an autographed copy. It may be worth...absolutely nothing someday.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Our forum is an encyclopedia of fishing knowledge and published authors...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome! In my (totally, unabashedly biased) opinion, there is no better way to spend time on the water and feel the tug than from a kayak. It truly is different from any other type of fishing. Have fun!
              Matt
              Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
              2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
              10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

excellent choice in boat, the outback is an awesome fishing platform!
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Welcome to the community and congratulations on your purchase! Don't hesitate to post reports from OH or ask questions here if you have them!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Welcome aboard, you have chosen an excellent "Plastic Boat". There are a lot or anglers here that are willing to share their knowledge to help you grow in you new kayak fishing adventure.
                    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE
                    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

I'll echo what most have said - this is an excellent platform full of seasoned kayak fisherman who are more than willing to share knowledge and techniques. If you get a chance to attend any of the Meet & Greets, you absolutely should. Meet some of the men that are so forthcoming with information. It takes away the anonymity of an internet discussion board.

And by the way, I just started kayak fishing last year, but only on small rivers and lakes. Once I caught my first striper from a kayak with this group in July, I was hooked. You have a LOT to look forward to.
                      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
                        I'll echo what most have said - this is an excellent platform full of seasoned kayak fisherman who are more than willing to share knowledge and techniques. If you get a chance to attend any of the Meet & Greets, you absolutely should. Meet some of the men that are so forthcoming with information. It takes away the anonymity of an internet discussion board.

And by the way, I just started kayak fishing last year, but only on small rivers and lakes. Once I caught my first striper from a kayak with this group in July, I was hooked. You have a LOT to look forward to.
                        Well said....
                        MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                        2016 Hobie Outback LE
                        Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          Welcome to the community and congratulations on your purchase! Don't hesitate to post reports from OH or ask questions here if you have them!
                          Thanks for your help. I'll still fish the Eastern Shore in the Lifetime Triton. Maybe someday I'll take the Hobie to MD but now I need it in OH to feed my fishing addiction when not in MD.
                          2019 Hobie PA 12
                          2018 Hobie Outback Dune

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post

Originally posted by moc View Post
                            Well said....

I'll also echo that, VERY well said.
                            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

BayValley: Welcome!
                              Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
                              X