Newbie Kayak Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Kayak Fisher

Thanks for the add. New kayak fisher. Went on my first kayak fishing two weeks ago in Swansboro, NC while on vacation and loved it. Purchased an inexpensive kayak (Tamarack Angler 110 from Walmart) and if it is something that I really want to do, will upgrade to an inexpensive pedal kayak. Very excited on joining this group. I have read many great posts and look forward to learning from everyone.

Welcome! The information shared on this site is so valuable, and everyone here is very helpful. I also purchased an inexpensive 12' sit ontop yak for my first forage into yak fishing. I loved it, and have upgraded since then, but some of my best memories are from that cheap light yak I could throw over my shoulder and carry with simplicity.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Welcome to SL Carlos. There are lots of good people on this forum ready to help with any questions you may have, so don’t be shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the hobby Carlos.

Enjoy that paddle boat. No need to look past all it has to offer for some great kayak fishing. In fact, you'll know you're really hooked on the hobby when like many of us here, you own and continue to use both kinds of kayaks.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome Carlos...depending on your fishing waters will depend on what kayak will suit your needs...shallow rocky rivers negates pedal drive kayaks as do weed choked Lilly pad lakes...if you fish large open waters, bays and lagoons, pedal drives excell...just make sure you ALWAYS wear your PFD...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you. I’m very excited and shall alway have my PFD.

Comment

Working...
              X