new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
    There is a bait shop about 10 15 minutes from were i live i usually go the day before a trip and store them in my fridge overnight (wife agreed to a fridge in the garage so she doesnt have to look at the bait or my catch when she gets ready to cook also so she wont have to take cases of beer out her fridge either) also so there are no stops for me in the am were you looking to join up i could pick up some extra bait if ya want no cost to you. cause i always have extra in the fridge just for situation like let me know.
    Thanks! I think I've changed my mind especially because I believe I can get out and back before football, which means this is the perfect day. I would probably opt for a 5:30 start because it's still dark at 5. I'm a little scared of getting hit by a passing boat in the dark

I'll check with the wife and message you later with my number. Thanks!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
      Thanks! I think I've changed my mind especially because I believe I can get out and back before football, which means this is the perfect day. I would probably opt for a 5:30 start because it's still dark at 5. I'm a little scared of getting hit by a passing boat in the dark

I'll check with the wife and message you later with my number. Thanks!
      5:30 is cool just let me know

Comment

I dont mind a 530 launch either... I have some frozen softcrabs in the fridge. How do you think they would work?
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Alright, sounds good. I'll be there Sunday morning at Ft. Armistead at 5:30.
          I have an ivory dune outback. I'll look forward to meeting you guys.

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Catch you all out there im in a white expedition with the beige redfish 12 ill prob get there early so i can bogaurd a few parking spots for us. you all let me know if ya want me to pick up some baits or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
              Catch you all out there im in a white expedition with the beige redfish 12 ill prob get there early so i can bogaurd a few parking spots for us. you all let me know if ya want me to pick up some baits or something.
              Cool, grab a couple pieces of some bait for me please...not much. Whatever you typically use I'll give a shot. Let me know how much I owe ya, thanks!

I'll also bring my cast net to see if we can get some small live fish by the pier.

Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

dundalk local

I live in dundalk and usually fish in the essex area when I fish locally. A short paddle from Cox's point there is a really good area for perch and cat fish. You will occationally catch a rock. In the fall the rock move into the rivers, back river and middle river. I would be up for a trip to the bridge in the future. I haven't had much time lately with the huricane, auto race, foot race, and foot ball in the city my weekends have been spent wroking looking forward to getting back in my yak. Although at this rate, I will have on winter gear when that happens. LOL

Comment

Welcome to the coolest forum on the net. You will find a lot of good poeple and knowledgable Yakers here. Try to make the next meet and greet. either one is fine. there will be plenty of folks at both of them.
                  TOm
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                    Welcome to the coolest forum on the net. You will find a lot of good poeple and knowledgable Yakers here. Try to make the next meet and greet. either one is fine. there will be plenty of folks at both of them.
                    TOm
                    Hello tom me and a few other takers are fishing scott key around 530 you should try and make it out if you can

Comment

What day are you doing it. I assume ur putting ovver @ armistead
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                        What day are you doing it. I assume ur putting ovver @ armistead
                        on sunday and yup thats the spot

Comment

I will make an effort
                          Tom Brown
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Hey all
                            sorry I have been away, wow did not think any one would bite on a trip so quick. anyway I have heard that the launch at armistead was a bit shady? I was looking at the weather and looks like it may be a bit rough tomorrow has anyone heard different?

Comment

It looks like it'll be high 60's....maybe a little wind. If it's too rough we'll stick close to shore and anchor up.

I've been to Ft. Armistead a few times and it's always seemed just fine. There are usually plenty of fisherman there. I heard the same story about the place so I asked some police officers that were there and they said they didn't know of any trouble at that park.

At any rate, I've got 5 rods rigged up and in the truck ready for tomorrow. I'll see you guys there. If it's not great, we'll adjust. There's plenty of shore fishing opportunities just in case.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

The wind will be building as the morning goes on, but the good thing is that the wind and the tide should be almost moving in the same direction so hopefully it wont chop it up too bad. We'll give it a go!
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                                X