PB MD Striper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB MD Striper

Despite being flat calm on the bay the fish weren't really biting. My only bites came from a catfish that broke me off under a dock and this beauty. Hooked it casting a rattle trap next to some pylons near Thomas Point. It gave me a good ole-fashioned sleigh ride as I tried desperately to lead it into open water and away from the pylons. At 28 inches, it's the biggest striper I've caught in Maryland (it's barely a keeper where I grew up fishing for them in Montauk) and you can't beat fighting it on a medium action in a kayak. Made a tasty dinner on top of some homemade fetuccini with vodka sauce.

IMG_1951.jpg

She’s a beauty.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice fish! Fish that size are a blast on light tackle.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPetr View Post
        Despite being flat calm on the bay the fish weren't really biting. My only bites came from a catfish that broke me off under a dock and this beauty. Hooked it casting a rattle trap next to some pylons near Thomas Point. It gave me a good ole-fashioned sleigh ride as I tried desperately to lead it into open water and away from the pylons. At 28 inches, it's the biggest striper I've caught in Maryland (it's barely a keeper where I grew up fishing for them in Montauk) and you can't beat fighting it on a medium action in a kayak. Made a tasty dinner on top of some homemade fetuccini with vodka sauce.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24311[/ATTACH]
        I've only caught a handful of striper over 25", and only 1 over 30" off a kayak, and you're right, it's an absolute blast. Actually my 2nd biggest fish (29") came on a random summer day, which goes to show that there are some big resident striper that hang around in the hotter months.

Comment

28" is probably among the biggest for anyone on S|L in the recent 3, or maybe 6 months.
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Very nice catch.
            Well done.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

A 28inch fish is very respectable... especially in the adverse conditions this year.
              Congrats and I can feel your excitement as you brought it into the boat.
              Looking forward to your next PB. :-)

Comment

That is a great looking fish, looks very healthy.

Comment

Working...
                X