Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Glacier Gloves do you guys recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Glacier Gloves do you guys recommend?

Looking to get some gloves for the winter season, and Im torn on what kind/style to get... I know many say to go with Glacier Gloves, and Im good with that but I dont know if I should get the ones with the slits, get the GloMittens, or just regular gloves and remove them when needed... I have a Hobie so I paddle using my feet.

I have the ones with the slits and the finger tips fold back. I'm not sure there's a perfect answer but those leave a little to be desired. They keep my hands warm, but inevitably, my hands get wet because of the slits. The other down side is the finger tips don't stay folded back really well. They need better velcro or something. As a result, I often just go bare handed or just one gloved hand for sensitivity. ...except on the coldest of cold days.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Thanks I'd guess all in all, maybe I should just get something that's waterproof And can be removed fast/easily if there is a fish on.

Comment

Not a bad way to go. I would just make sure you get something that isn't too bulky. For the most part, the only time you should need to take the gloves off is when tying knots or putting on bait.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Here’s my warning on the ones with the slits... once you take them off the sweat / heat from your hands will get cold and it’s hard to recover. Additionally, and this is why I switched to the solid gloves, once your noise starts running you will quickly realize that they should have put the male end of the Velcro on the upper side because it SLICES your nose when you go to wipe it!
          Used to fish more.

Comment

Personally, I hate Glacier Gloves, my hands constantly froze in them. I never understood how neoprene gloves were supposed to keep you warm without getting the neoprene wet. All other neoprene wet suits work that way, and for waders we have tons of layers underneath. Maybe it’s just me, but my hands froze in them, and that finger tip Velcroed back was snagging magnet. Don’t get me wrong, I have yet to fully figure out the frozen hand conundrum, but glacier glove were not the answer for me.
            Jay

10' Green Slayer
            13’ Red Slayer

Comment

I have the Neoprene flip back style. Your thumb is covered, but the other fingers are half covered and you can flip the mitten part back over when needed.

About the best I have used so far, but still not the warmest. And yes the Velcro tab will cut your nose if you go to wipe it

Yak67
              2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
                I have the Neoprene flip back style. Your thumb is covered, but the other fingers are half covered and you can flip the mitten part back over when needed.

About the best I have used so far, but still not the warmest. And yes the Velcro tab will cut your nose if you go to wipe it

Yak67
                2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                These here?

https://www.glacierglove.com/alaska-...ies-flip-mitt/

Comment

Yes! That's them, I have two pairs. Would definitely recommend them.

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo

Comment

Working...
                  X