Renew those fishing licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew those fishing licenses

DNR sent me a reminder my Senior Consolidated License was due for renewal...since our licenses expiration dates are from date of purchase pay attention to the expiration date...saw a post on FB about the Striped Bass being in dire straits (not the music group)...but we have lots of white perch, yellow perch, Snakeheads, blue catfish and other fish that make buying a license a bargain in Maryland..
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I got the reminder yesterday as I was heading in from yellow perch fishing. Had an oh crap moment, but mine doesn't actually expire until late January

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The email says you can buy your renewal up to 90 days before your current expiration and it will automatically renew on that date, no loss of “valid time” on your license.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Ron,

The Facebook post you mentioned may have been referencing this recent report:

https://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/SAW-Publi...Rpt_Nov_13.pdf

If you can weed through the statistics and scientific jargon, it indeed indicates a declining trend in spawning and pre-spawn stripers in the Bay and elsewhere. It also has some interesting facts about striper migrations, diet, growth rates, etc. But again, it's written for scientists by scientists and finding those tidbits in layman's terms takes some diligence as you scan the report.

Regarding licenses, pay special attention if you fish in other states and make sure you know if the license in that state is calendar driven or time driven. I fished in Delaware a little over a week ago and never thought to check my license. As it turned out, I was legal because my 2018 DE permit was calendar based and good through 12/31/18. However, I'm in FL now and I had to renew for this trip because like MD, FL issues a license that expires in 365 days based on when you purchased it.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          ...saw a post on FB about the Striped Bass being in dire straits (not the music group)...
          Thanks for the heads up... unfortunately... I don't think anyone that visits this forum.. or any other fishing forum on the Chesapeake has a "beef" about their fishing license fees.
          But I understand what you are saying and the sentiment. I pay the extra $5 to crab but only for snagging one while trolling, haven't got close to using it. BUT.. if that little bit of $5 helps.. great !

Dire Straits music... well.. you are young at heart while pointing to a a situation that is horribly gone too far.
          You'll probably see my post...
          http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...w-you-re-HERE-!!!

And since we are two years out from it... Something should have been done 10years ago to it's relevance .

Thanks for your reports from "down under..."
          Have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder-done!
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
            X