Alabama rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama rig

Got out on Guntersville to do a little A-rig fishing. Found fish hanging around the edge of milfoil in 8-9 feet of water. Threw parallel to the edge of the grass following the 10’ contour line. Biggest fish of the day was 22 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loos like a fun day! I've heard great things about A rigs for landlocked striped bass.
    Annapolis
    2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 110
    Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 - For when the fish aren't biting

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonNash View Post
      Loos like a fun day! I've heard great things about A rigs for landlocked striped bass.
      They will catch them. I know several guys that get their stuff tore up at Smith Lake catching huge stripe.

Comment

Just remember that a true Alabama rig is illegal in Maryland, you can only have 2 hooks per lure.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I was having good luck with stripers on an Alabama rig that I modified so it only had 2 hooks. Unfortunately I lost it on a snag. I am having trouble finding another one like it. It looked similar to the one you are using

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
            I was having good luck with stripers on an Alabama rig that I modified so it only had 2 hooks. Unfortunately I lost it on a snag. I am having trouble finding another one like it. It looked similar to the one you are using
            I believe Yum! sells bare Alabama rigs in that style. You have to add soft plastics, but that turns out to be a good thing since you can rig it so its legal in MD instead of having to modify a pre-built one. If memory serves, you can get them with either bladed, or bare.
            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out

Comment

Lake Guntersville has some hogs. I pulled my PB LM out of there.
                2019 Hobie PA 12
                2018 Hobie Outback Dune
                2018 Lifetime Triton Angler 100

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                  The A-rig in the picture is a Flash Mob Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayvalley1 View Post
                    Lake Guntersville has some hogs. I pulled my PB LM out of there.
                    Dec of ‘17 I caught one in the same area that was 8.5 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X