Rocky's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky's

Took advantage of a business trip to Denver to do some sightseeing and trout fishing with a guide on Lake Antero. Started from Denver for a 3 hr drive ........ took a wrong turn and ended in Breckenridge 24 miles out of the way ........ but hey saw some beautiful country and arrived only 15 minutes late.

Fished for 6 hours and landed over 50 trout ......... and lost 2 bigguns ... 1 at the boat ......1 on a jump ..... my buddy took home 4 18-22" trout ........

Man ....... I never had trout fight that hard or jump so much ........ my arm was sore from the fights .......water was clear and you could see down about 6 ft ........ lots of grass beds ...... used a great new lure ....... Tasmanian Devil

Great weather, great guide and beautiful scenery .......... GREAT DAY !!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 09-11-2011, 10:38 PM.

Dang ........ thought I'd at least get a brown trout ribbing ......

Comment

What? No brown trout in the Rocky's?!?! Just sissy rainbows? :-)

Beautiful pics, Rick. Awesome to be able to fish other waters while traveling on someone else's dime. Very nice...

Comment

Nice lake. Good for yak fishing.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Browns out here get downright mean and scary lookin'! The rainbows are much prettier to catch!

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
          What? No brown trout in the Rocky's?!?!

Comment

Did get 2 Browns, 1 brookie, a few Cutbos but mostly Ranbows .........

And yeah ......... I said more than a couple of times that I REALLY wanted my PA out there .......... Man ....... those lakes and rivers are made for Yaks .....

That trip will haunt me for years ....... such a good day

Comment

Working...
            X